Notices

Picked up my new Duramax

Old 09-02-2016, 06:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 373 Likes on 251 Posts

Cant go wrong with duramax! Pull my 45 with a dually and can almost say i dont feel the boat!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

We were tied up to a 340 Sea Ray from MN at the Shootout Saturday. Yes, the crazy mofos towed all the way from MN. New DMax dually. Said they set the cruise on 70.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 09-02-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Questofpower
I have the Cocoa Dune leather in my High County. Little over a year old 60k miles the interior still looks great. My kids are pretty good but still drop crumbs all over. With a little leather cleaner looks new still. No stains anywhere and things have been spilt on it. Worst thing is I have the AC front seats, during this summer when the wife wears shorts and has some lotion on that has stripper glitter in it, it gets stuck in the little ac vent holes and I can't seem to get it out. I also cringe every time she slides her a$$ across the seat with what look the be razor blades disguised as jewels. Not a scratch to date.

Better than the 2010 Dmax with tan (do not remeber the actual color) showed dirt and basically started cracking after a year or two. The new leather appears to be of a little higher quality but time will tell.
Really good info and MUCH appreciated!
I just really don't like black interiors.
I know it all depends on leather quality and the treatments they put on them...
...but the bottom line is that when leather ages, and cracks, the cracks start to show as white or light in color. If you have a light color leather like grey or tan; they consistently look better than black leather, as long as you keep the dirt from settling into the leather (which is fixable). I just can't stand a black carpet either, but it seems like most of the manufactures are doing all black carpets with the leather, wood, and plastics as the different (brown/tan/silver/whatever) colors. On the GMC and Chevy Cocoa Dune interior, it's brown TOP to BOTTOM.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to take a pic of the back seat...you guys will either cringe or laugh. My 2 year old has his side destroyed. Figured out he can flick the milk out of his cup and fling it.....on the window, door panel, headliner, rear window. Ugh. lol.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I need to take a pic of the back seat...you guys will either cringe or laugh. My 2 year old has his side destroyed. Figured out he can flick the milk out of his cup and fling it.....on the window, door panel, headliner, rear window. Ugh. lol.
Just wait until he's older. I had to constantly clean my rear windows as if there was any hint of film on them I would find a "twig and berries" drawn on the inside of the window.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Registered

I would rather find some abstract weenis art on the window, than to have to scrub milk off of every surface in a 2 foot radius.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
my lil dude is constantly writing on furniture with his sippy cup or his brother bottle, this is why it's harder to have nice things
Old 09-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Really good info and MUCH appreciated!
I just really don't like black interiors.
I know it all depends on leather quality and the treatments they put on them...
...but the bottom line is that when leather ages, and cracks, the cracks start to show as white or light in color. If you have a light color leather like grey or tan; they consistently look better than black leather, as long as you keep the dirt from settling into the leather (which is fixable). I just can't stand a black carpet either, but it seems like most of the manufactures are doing all black carpets with the leather, wood, and plastics as the different (brown/tan/silver/whatever) colors. On the GMC and Chevy Cocoa Dune interior, it's brown TOP to BOTTOM.
No problem, just an FYI the headliner is a tan / gray, someone not sure who put a nice greasy hand print up there, by the size of it had to be an adult.

Also I put the Huskey front and back floor liners in I like them better then the weather tech ones I had in my last truck. I was very nervous to order them but glad I did.

I am more disappointed in the painted front bumper on the High Country, I wish it was chrome. I do a lot of highway driving and have what appears to be a 1000 chips in the front bumper, it doesn't hold up to rocks/salt hitting it at all. I am going to have to get the whole thing repainted and try a clear film protectant on it.

Last edited by Questofpower; 09-02-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

No problem, just an FYI the headliner is a tan / gray, someone not sure who put a nice greasy hand print up there, by the size of it had to be an adult.

Also I put the Huskey front and back floor liners in I like them better then the weather tech ones I had in my last truck. I was very nervous to order them but glad I did.

I am more disappointed in the painted front bumper on the High Country, I wish it was chrome. I do a lot of highway driving and have what appears to be a 1000 chips in the front bumper, it doesn't hold up to rocks/salt hitting it at all. I am going to have to get the whole thing repainted and try a clear film protectant on it.
I have the Catch-All Floor (low pile carpet, color matched) Mats by Lund in both of my trucks, and several vehicles in the past. I don't like the rubber floor mats either, BUT I may be stuck if I get a new truck as Lund has discontinued the carpeted version, and all are now the all-weather vinyl.
Boo!
http://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/64A1455A0A0.aspx

I have clear bra on my Corvette. Rob aka "offshoredrillin" here on OSO installed it.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...redrillin.html
I had my Vette delivered in an enclosed trailer directly to his shop, and he put the clear-bra on it. No one knows more about those products than he does.
He can cut and send you any pieces that you need; he's done it for several vehicles for me and sister. They also have clear "Plasti-Dip" type coatings you can spray on now too, but I think you are on the right path with the respray and clear-bra.

Try using a Swipe to get the hand print off the headliner. It has worked for me before.
https://www.cleanitsupply.com/p-691/...-swi-01mn.aspx
(Keep a tub of them in each vehicle.)

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-02-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Registered

I've noticed that on my truck too. The hood, bumper, A-pillars, fender tips, have tons of rock chips on them. There are even rock chips on the side of the doors, bedside and even the TAILGATE! WTF?

My 05 dmax with 240k miles had WAY less rock chips than this truck with 24k on it. The paint quality/durability is awful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.