Notices

Trailer tire recommendations?

Old 03-22-2017, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

just be wary of cheap Made in China tires. I got burned bad last year with LRE China tires. I don't even remember the brand name but I believe they were mfg by Greenball in China. I blew 4 tires in 1 400 mile trip!! They all delaminated. Stick with a good name that has a good reputaion
Old 03-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,040 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Maxxis makes a great tire if they have it in the size your looking for
Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
And? What has been your experience? How long / how many miles on them ? How much weight riding on them?
I got them right after a blowout coming back from NY, i put them on, used equal to balance and left from MD to Miami, Ive made that trip a few times and the trailer never towed as well as with the 14 plys. to me, LT sidewalls are too soft and i could always feel a tug when the railer hit expansion joints and such in the road. the 14 plys rolled right over everything. I alos hated backing with the LT's, the sidewall flexed so much that it looked like the axle was ready to pop. the 14 plys let the tire slide and it has been a 100% improvement all the way around. oh and the weight is prob right around 14K, truck and trailer together was just over 20 a few years back, but ive added blowers and newer scx heavier drives

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 03-22-2017 at 09:39 AM.