Notices

Refurb for Trailer

Old 03-29-2017, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Refurb for Trailer

Looking to refurbish my Extreme steel triple axle trailer in the fall. Is there a shop in the Houston area or Austin or DFW that you guys would recommend to strip, clean and repaint a trailer. Also, will need some welding mods done. Could be interested in a new trailer if needed. Don't mind a little drive if they do good work. Almost everything I find in my area (Houston) does aluminum only. So far, every custom refurb/manufacturer that I would consider using is 700-1400 miles from me.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

How big of trailer? I am having to do mine by bouncing between several shops capable of one thing or another. So far so good, but what a pain. I also have a spare aluminum trailer to set the boat on while doing all of this.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TxHawk
How big of trailer? I am having to do mine by bouncing between several shops capable of one thing or another. So far so good, but what a pain. I also have a spare aluminum trailer to set the boat on while doing all of this.
Where are you located? If they do a good job, it will be worth it. My trailer is for 27' v-bottom. Most everyone here does all aluminum stuff, so I am still trying to find a place to do the work. So far, the only place I have found to weld, mod, sandblast and paint is in Austin, and they have to load it up and send it out for sandblasting. I just really want someone who will do a good job. If I have to drive, so be it.

I am going to look around and try to find a trailer to beg, borrow or rent for a month or so to save a lot of time and trouble. Would rather keep my boat in my hands if I can.