Notices

Aluminum trailer options?

Old 10-24-2017, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Boater
Congrats on the decision. I do not think you will be disappointed. Myco just built me a trailer and it fit the boat perfectly and looks great.
I'm thinking about doing the under lights. Is yours the 4 or 8 option? I was going to go with 4 if I decided to do the LED's under the hull.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
Friend of mine has an aluminum Pacific Trailer. It looks really nice and well built.
I also have a Pacific under my 35. Fantastic trailer. The two ladders one at each end and the vertical quide-ons are great.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sleev-les
I'm thinking about doing the under lights. Is yours the 4 or 8 option? I was going to go with 4 if I decided to do the LED's under the hull.
I went with the 10 pair option for my trailer. I think that quantity of lights really provides the best illumination for under the hull.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AZ Boater
I went with the 10 pair option for my trailer. I think that quantity of lights really provides the best illumination for under the hull.
Well I just put my order in last week with Myco. Deposit is down and production should be complete around December 21. I ended up not going with the under hull LED's since I really don't tow much in the dark. I did add side turn signals and extra side markers along with the safety kit (lug wrench, jack etc).
Old 11-28-2017, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We have 4 Mycos and our most recent one (2016 Nor-Tech 390) was about double the cost of our first one (2007 for Formula 382). We are close to ordering a new Monterey 335SY and I have naturally gone out to a few of the bigger name performance trailers since that is what I am familiar with. Dont get me wrong, we have had very good luck with our Mycos and between the 4 of them probably have close to 30k miles on them. The only failures have been a couple tire blow outs (which can obviously happen to anyone) and one disk brake lock up. That being said, they seem to be alot more proud of their product than their competitors. I sent a list of very specific options I want and the Manning quote came in about ~ $12,000 cheaper. Still waiting on Broward's price and will now reach out to Evolution and see where they fall compared to the others.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:51 PM
Registered

Well I just put my order in last week with Myco. Deposit is down and production should be complete around December 21. I ended up not going with the under hull LED's since I really don't tow much in the dark. I did add side turn signals and extra side markers along with the safety kit (lug wrench, jack etc).

We have the under hull lights on all 4 Mycos that we own. They are nothing more than a 1/4" small LED. They do nothing for you as far as night towing. They are nothing but aesthetics and looking nice. The one thing they do help function as is landing lights if you are retrieving at night, but all the other trailer lights are good enough for that as well.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Registered

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I strongly suggest 2 spares if you are trailering much at all. Another couple of options we love is the front ladder to get to the bow of the boat, electric tongue jack, electric wireless winch, and full stainless steel EOH brakes.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I strongly suggest 2 spares if you are trailering much at all. Another couple of options we love is the front ladder to get to the bow of the boat, electric tongue jack, electric wireless winch, and full stainless steel EOH brakes.
I don't own a Myco but seriously need to consider adding the electric winch, don't even need wireless. The wifey is of very slight build but hard headed and manually winches it now. I demand to power the bow eye against the bow roller to help but she's always waving me off while busting her ass winching. Adding a couple of front steps to the winch tree would be very helpful for accessing the boat while on the ramp (submerged) as well.

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
We have the under hull lights on all 4 Mycos that we own. They are nothing more than a 1/4" small LED. They do nothing for you as far as night towing. They are nothing but aesthetics and looking nice. The one thing they do help function as is landing lights if you are retrieving at night, but all the other trailer lights are good enough for that as well.
Any idea of what brand lights Myco is using? I was researching lights a coulple of weeks ago and they were 4" long or so and would be over $1200!!!
Old 12-03-2017, 07:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Figured I would post some pics.

getting fabbed up....
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum trailer options?-img_0109.jpeg   Aluminum trailer options?-img_0108.jpeg  
Old 12-04-2017, 03:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm looking into upgrading my 2003 trailer as well. Agreed with many of the things already stated here. I am leaning to Evo but not fully decided yet.

Absolutely put two spares on the trailer and carry at least one extra bearing/brake kit. I have had one tire blow out and take the second one with it. Used both spares in one shot and now I carry a third spare in the truck. I also had my canvas guy make some matching covers to keep them from getting dry rotted in the sun.

Also, I love my steps I added to my trailer and would never have another trailer without them.
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum trailer options?-img_3146.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.