Notices

Hydrastar EOH Question

Old 09-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Hydrastar EOH Question

Has anyone installed the Hydrastar EOH plug and play conversion kit on a trailer?

https://www.hydrastarusa.com/products/plug-n-play/
Old 09-10-2017, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not the plug and play, I installed the 1600psi and it works great. I didn't install a battery because it won't get maintained
Old 09-11-2017, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by shunter2005
Has anyone installed the Hydrastar EOH plug and play conversion kit on a trailer?

If you look on the site the plug and play for a dual axle trailer 1000psi is 725 or 750.. but if you look at the conversion its less parts and more money?
Old 09-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
If you look on the site the plug and play for a dual axle trailer 1000psi is 725 or 750.. but if you look at the conversion its less parts and more money?
The $25 difference in the price is what they charge for the Controller Adapter Module in the kit, yet if you buy the CAM separate it's $90-$100. What I thought was odd was that each size actuator, 1000, 1200, 1600 psi units, were the same price. Don't see that very often.

I bought one from EasternMarine.com Complete plug and play conversion kit, including the controller adapter module for $699 + $25 and change for shipping. Best deal I could find. In fact, about the only place other than the factory to buy the whole plug and play kit. They must be an exclusive dealer for the plug and play kits.

After looking at it, I am not sure if I like the deutsch connectors. I think the connectors are nice, but it looks like they are going to be bulky looking unless it is enclosed in some type of box mounted on the tongue or frame. Now, I just have to figure out whether I am going to build a box and enclose it or just weld up some brackets on the frame. I would really like a clean look, but don't know if it's feasible or not.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by shunter2005

I installed the conversion kit on my trailer , works great , pretty easy to install , works better than surge breaks . The only problem I ran into was the trailer pigtail came pre-wired and the colors for the marker lights did not match up , other than that stops and looks good
Old 09-15-2017, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

What about bleeding the system, how did you do that ? I have EOH on my trailer and the brakes dont seem to work, the motor pump is working when I apply the brakes but the calipers dont seem to actuate.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by green lightning
I installed the conversion kit on my trailer , works great , pretty easy to install , works better than surge breaks . The only problem I ran into was the trailer pigtail came pre-wired and the colors for the marker lights did not match up , other than that stops and looks good
PM Sent
Old 09-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
What about bleeding the system, how did you do that ? I have EOH on my trailer and the brakes dont seem to work, the motor pump is working when I apply the brakes but the calipers dont seem to actuate.
One of the best things you can invest in is a (reverse) brake bleeder kit. You essentially pump the fluid from the caliper back up to the master cylinder. You can buy them on Amazon, eBay, and many parts stores.

But you can bleed your EoH brakes with two people and the trailer hooked to the truck. You just need to have the person manually use the Emergency Brake switch/slide/lever.

Remember, depending on your brake controller, it may not really activate sitting still with BRAKE PEDAL PRESSURE as some systems are inertia/pendulum activated. The way to test is with the Emergency Brake switch/slide/whatever you have on your aftermarket/integrated brake controller.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,029 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
One of the best things you can invest in is a (reverse) brake bleeder kit. You essentially pump the fluid from the caliper back up to the master cylinder. You can buy them on Amazon, eBay, and many parts stores.

But you can bleed your EoH brakes with two people and the trailer hooked to the truck. You just need to have the person manually use the Emergency Brake switch/slide/lever.

Remember, depending on your brake controller, it may not really activate sitting still with BRAKE PEDAL PRESSURE as some systems are inertia/pendulum activated. The way to test is with the Emergency Brake switch/slide/whatever you have on your aftermarket/integrated brake controller.
thanks, one thing I found out last night was, the truck has to be running to energize the pump motor, F-250 integrated brake controller. I also thought it would easier to push the new fluid toward the reservoir.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154961414@N07/37243807925/in/dateposted-public/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.