Notices

3 gauge pillar pod

Old 02-19-2018, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Tap a drain plug into trans pan too, while you're at it. Or you can get an aftermarket pan with both already in place. It makes doing the fluid and filter change much much cleaner and easier. And I think we need pics of boat behind truck, just saying.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 153 Likes on 78 Posts

Will get some current pics of the 35' Cigarette as soon as she's brought out of hibernation.......weather feels & looks good for the next couple.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not sure of the EGT gauge to purchase for my truck ....1500*?- 2200*? or 2400*?....truck is a little above stock (DDRP Fass pump - bosch 100 hp injectors - 4" turbo back exhaust - Edge ez module)
What gauge would be the right one to buy?.................Oh yes it's a 2001 dodge ram 3500 dually 5.9L - 24valve Cummins
Old 02-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

If already have an Edge tuner, I think Edge makes just the monitor, which will mount on the pilar, and you can monitor multiple (more than 3) systems. I believe this will also give you the ability to pull any trouble shooting codes and clear codes. Being an 01, I'm not 100% positive on that tho.

If theres no cost difference in EGT Gauge, id go with 2400*.... definitely don't want to be that high tho.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Cigs
If already have an Edge tuner, I think Edge makes just the monitor, which will mount on the pilar, and you can monitor multiple (more than 3) systems. I believe this will also give you the ability to pull any trouble shooting codes and clear codes. Being an 01, I'm not 100% positive on that tho.

If theres no cost difference in EGT Gauge, id go with 2400*.... definitely don't want to be that high tho.
Huh, doesn't sound as flexible as my Spartan which will monitor tons of engine parameters in gauge or graphical form. Five gauges at a time zero sending units etc. needed. In numeric form, which i run more often it monitors 9 at once!!

I monitor, trans temp., egt, coolant temp., exhaust back pressure, oil temp., IAT...... have to check on the others.

I also have a bluetooth / Wi-fi based scanner for my 370z and all readouts go to your smartphone. Again no senders etc required. Dashcommand is the app., not sure which scanner that plugs into the obd2 port you'd need but there's a ton on ebay in the $15 range. App is $10.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Edge EZ is a module (not a tuner per say) it's entry level and has no display ...has a toggle switch with 3 levels of performance.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 604 Likes on 278 Posts

I have Bullydog mounted on my pillar. It pretty much monitors everything. 07 Classic SRW CC Chebby
Old 02-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the dual egt/boost gauge in my truck.
http://www.westach.com/app_guide/TUR...TION/index.php
Old 02-23-2018, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Red face

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Huh, doesn't sound as flexible as my Spartan which will monitor tons of engine parameters in gauge or graphical form. Five gauges at a time zero sending units etc. needed. In numeric form, which i run more often it monitors 9 at once!!

I monitor, trans temp., egt, coolant temp., exhaust back pressure, oil temp., IAT...... have to check on the others.

I also have a bluetooth / Wi-fi based scanner for my 370z and all readouts go to your smartphone. Again no senders etc required. Dashcommand is the app., not sure which scanner that plugs into the obd2 port you'd need but there's a ton on ebay in the $15 range. App is $10.
I love the modernization of what you can do & display on your smartphone.........I'm lost with a fliptop ...
Old 02-23-2018, 05:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wink

Originally Posted by showtime83
I have the dual egt/boost gauge in my truck.
http://www.westach.com/app_guide/TUR...TION/index.php
Is it easy to read the calibration when driving?....love the 2 for though!............I needed white face digital (number) readouts for my gauges....I'm not 20/20 anymore.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.