Notices

Air bag kit for a 350

Old 03-20-2018, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Air bag kit for a 350

I'm thinking of putting on an airbag kit on my 16 F-350. Is the Firestone unit the one to go with and does anyone have a connection for a good deal on a kit?
Old 03-20-2018, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Stay away from the Airlift system. Had a lot of issues with their self contained compressor kit.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:24 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Firestone and AirLift are both made by Firestone.
I've had both and Firestone is the variety I'll likely buy again.

I buy all of my stuff of this category from www.hornblasters.com

I doubt they are the same part, but I have a set of air bags only from Firestone, New, in Box, for my 2003 Silverado 2500HD. If by chance it's the same part for your truck, LMK and I'll cut you a deal. Truck is going for sale and I haven't installed them yet.

I know it's more than you asked about, but going with the full Vlair air compressor, in cab controller of the bags, air fitting so you can fill tires, AND train horns IS the way to go. I can't count how many sketchy situations my train horns have gotten me out of before things got dicey. I won't tow without them, and as soon as my new truck shows up next month, I'll be installing just as I described; again.
Tip: on the Fords and Rams; set up one of the Auxiliary switches as an "arming" switch that activates the train horn (solenoid) when you hit the factory horn on the steering wheel.

I know that Buck can send you a set from Arkansas.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-21-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the Firestone kit on my F250 with the in-cab controller and gauge. Very easy to install, bolt on kit. I have it plumbed with a Viair compressor which also runs my air locker, train horn, and auxiliary compressed air port. I also have the schrader valve in the rear bumper for manual filling.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

I have the same set up pretty much as these guys. Works great- especially the air port under bumper. Do Not for get Train Horns!
Old 03-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

What train horn kit - on board air fill Kit do you recommend from horn blasters.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did Firestone HD . In cab controls and gauges.. Super easy install. Also as said above do not forget the train horns.. They are so fun... haha.. HORNBLASTERS for the horns with out a doubt
Old 03-22-2018, 08:12 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I talked to Mike/boatfreak last night. I tried to tell him: you don't know how bad you need Train Horns until AFTER you have them! NO ONE expects that much noise/retaliation out of a pickup truck.

Recommendations:
I had this on my 2000 F350 Long Bed, with the big one piece horn that fit under outside the frame, under the bed, in front of the rear tire on the passenger side.
https://hornblasters.com/collections...train-horn-kit

This is essentially that same kit the I have on my 2003 Silverado 2500HD; just with separate horns, as under the truck is a lot tighter. I have the individual horns mounted behind the grill. Mounting the horns is usually the trickiest part. All the other components are fairly easy to place, wire, and plumb. The metal horns SOUND better. The plastic individual horns are easier to mount in tight places. I originally bought the Admiral setup for my 2500HD, and when I realized I could not fit it, they were HAPPY to accommodate sending me the individual horns to convert the setup, refund my money, and they shipped the second set of horns immediately; even before I sent the expensive big horn assembly back. IOW, great customer service.
https://hornblasters.com/collections...train-horn-kit

-Don't go with less than a 5 gallon tank, else it will be filling all the time.
-Call them and tell them exactly what you want including airbags, air fittings, etc. etc. They will include ALL the fittings you need. Only thing you might need to acquire would be some brass elbows from Home Depot/Lowe's.
-Don't get one of the kits that has the compressor that mounts TO the tank, unless you are just going to stick it in the bed. Separate components are easier to fit/mount under the truck.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Not part of your question, but in case your installing for trailer towing

Old 03-22-2018, 11:47 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Train Horns saves lives or scares the crap out of people!! I pieced mine together with a United Pacific 46115 with a 5 gallon air tank and a Viair 450C compressor with all 3/8" tubing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.