Notices

1995 Ford 250 7.3 Powerstoke

Old 08-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Ford 250 7.3 Powerstoke

I have a bad leak dripping at the back of the engine where the rear main seal is. The rear main seal is not linking and it is leaking both fuel and oil both cant figuer this one out if someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it
Old 08-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayton55
I have a bad leak dripping at the back of the engine where the rear main seal is. The rear main seal is not linking and it is leaking both fuel and oil both cant figuer this one out if someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it
Look up top in the engine valley down between the valve covers. All fluid leaks up there go to the back and exit out a drain hole at the back of the valley, down behind the bell housing, and then out the bottom. People always think it's a rear main seal. You have oil and fuel system components up in that valley that are very common sources for both types of fluid leaks.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fuel filter bowl orings and mechanical fuel pump assembly (two stage) are the #1 and #2 causes of fuel leaks in the valley.

There are several places that supply a oring kit (diesel orings comes to mind)......just dont attempt ford.......they want you to buy the entire bowl assembly.

The water sensor in the bottom of the bowl will drip too..........replace it when you do the bowl orings along with the rubber hoses.

If it does end up being the fuel pump.........dont believe the clowns that say you have to remove the turbo......100% not true.......You may have to slightly modifiy a 1.25 inch wrench (I was lucky, mine was thin enough an clocked just right)