Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Do you have NEXEN tires on anything? >

Do you have NEXEN tires on anything?

Notices

Do you have NEXEN tires on anything?

Old 09-24-2018, 10:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Do you have NEXEN tires on anything?

I had both 2 front NEXEN tires (LT235/80R17) on my 2016 RAM 3500 dually suffer belt separation this past weekend, and Dodge won't do anything about it. Tires have ~11,400 miles on them, Dodge is telling me that I have to go to a NEXEN dealer and try to work a pro-rate claim thru them. IF you have these tires on any vehicle, watch out.....
Old 09-24-2018, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Must be that Dodge front end
Old 09-24-2018, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Sounds like it is time to find a new dealer.

Padraig
Old 09-25-2018, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
I had both 2 front NEXEN tires (LT235/80R17) on my 2016 RAM 3500 dually suffer belt separation this past weekend, and Dodge won't do anything about it. Tires have ~11,400 miles on them, Dodge is telling me that I have to go to a NEXEN dealer and try to work a pro-rate claim thru them. IF you have these tires on any vehicle, watch out.....
I'm not familiar with Dodge warranty policy (I'm a Toyota guy) - but Dodge's response is typical for most manufacturers. Tires are warranted through a tire dealer.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:24 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
I'm not familiar with Dodge warranty policy (I'm a Toyota guy) - but Dodge's response is typical for most manufacturers. Tires are warranted through a tire dealer.
And I called NEXEN corp. and they gave me a local NEXEN Dealer and I called them and they said they don't get involved in OEM tire issues, just on tires they that they sell....
Old 09-25-2018, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Isn't there a tire warranty supplement with the truck manuals when you bought new? I'd go about what it says doing in there. If that nets nothing show up at the dealer with said supplement in hand and ask to speak with the new car sales manager and service manager at the same time.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Isn't there a tire warranty supplement with the truck manuals when you bought new? I'd go about what it says doing in there. If that nets nothing show up at the dealer with said supplement in hand and ask to speak with the new car sales manager and service manager at the same time.
The tire warranty supplement says that I'm suppose to go to a Nexen dealer. After talking it over with the guys in the powerboat club that I belong to, one of them has a Chevy that has the same problem, (different tires), and his Chevy dealer won't do anything about it, and I talked to my tire guy I'm just getting rid of them all and going with Michelins. Doesn't make much sense to put a known bad tires back on the truck, and kinda just waiting for it to happen again. Lesson learned, never buy anything with a Nexen Tire on it!

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 09-26-2018 at 06:12 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 592 Likes on 272 Posts

Michelins- good choice- I run them on all my work fleet. Except THis one
Old 09-26-2018, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
The tire warranty supplement says that I'm suppose to go to a Nexen dealer. After talking it over with the guys in the powerboat club that I belong to, one of them has a Chevy that has the same problem, (different tires), and his Chevy dealer won't do anything about it, and I talked to my tire guy I'm just getting rid of them all and going with Michelins. Doesn't make much sense to put a known bad tires back on the truck, and kinda just waiting for it to happen again. Lesson learned, never buy anything with a Nexen Tire on it!
Yes they told Eddie to pound sand. He has had a issue since new. Kind of BS you pay 65k-70K for a truck and it vibrates from day 1 and they say to bad not our issue.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just put nexen on my DD focus. but o bought them through the nexen dealer. the warranty that comes with them seems to be pretty good even though ive never had to use it. for the price of the tire i did not expect a warranty at all. it also includes free towing and free rotations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.