Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires? >

Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires?

Like Tree3Likes

Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires?

Old 03-21-2019, 12:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT View Post
IDL E- you mention the Goodyear Endurance tires as being inadequate, do you have any experience w/ the G614RST tires?
Yes... those tires are great! I have hauled several trailers with them and they handle East Texas I-10 into Louisiana while asking for more! LOL!!

Unfortunately they are quite expensive, so many manufacturers do not use them as OEM and Brokers/Sellers trying to make money on a deal use the cheapest tires they find just to say the trailer being shipped with the boat being sold has "New Tires".
Old 03-21-2019, 09:10 AM
Registered

Understood, I agree they are a bit pricey ($300ea) but in the end cheap insurance when hauling a large or heavy boat or hauling many miles like you do.

It only took 1 blow out w/ a Gdyr Marathon, that also damaged my trailer and hullside for me to upgrade to the RST's and insist on them every trailer since then.

Cheap insurance in the long run not to mention added confidence when towing at night along roads that are dark and have no truck stops anywhere nearby.

TreadIt sells a 14ply import tire (Sailun) thats very affordable in comparison. Several I know have had good success with it but I just choose to ante up for the RST's myself.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:08 AM
Registered

I'll offer my 2 cents. I intentionally bought Goodyear Endurance tires for my trailer when I bought my new boat in 2017 (35' go-fast boat on a triple axle aluminum trailer). At that time, and it may still be the case now (haven't checked lately), the Endurance was the only trailer tire made in the USA. The Goodyear Marathons were made in China. All other brands that I researched were also made in China or Asia. For some, where a tire is made is irrelevant, I prefer major name brand tires produced in America or European countries. To each there own.

My trailer uses 225/75-15. The Goodyear Endurance tires that I have do have a center-rib tread, contrary to what was mentioned in a prior post. Perhaps different sizes have different tread patterns. The Endurances do have a slightly thinner tread depth than competitors at 8/32 vs 9/32 for others. That 32nd of an inch less tread depth may or may not make as much difference as compared to factors such as the rubber compound quality, load, and trailer axle alignment will over the service life of the tire. The Endurance is also a load range E tire (10 ply), some competitors are C and D.

As for ride quality, stability, and treadwear, I'm very satisfied. My boat was purchased in St Petes, Fl and professionally transported to NY (1,300 miles), the driver raved about how stable the boat and trailer combo performed. Since then, I've towed it at highway speeds to Lake George, NY (160 miles each way at 70-75 MPH) multiple times. My truck gets 10-11 MPG towing it. That's roughly the same MPG as my previous 26' boat on a dual axle trailer, however the new boat is 10,500 lbs on the trailer (twice the weight of the 26'). Additionally, I tow it locally to the boat launch at least once every two weeks. I'd estimate that I have 3,000+ miles on them at this point. Those miles include dry and wet conditions. Always good tracking and and braking in all conditions (with both surge and new electric over hydraulic disc brakes installed last year on two of the three axles). The tires still measure 8/32's tread depth, have no signs of wear, and no signs of deterioration (ozone cracking, discoloration, etc.).

Bottom line, for my purposes I like them and would highly recommend them. Lol, also for the record - I am not a Goodyear or subsidiary employee or relative, just a huge car and boat enthusiast with 25+ years of experience.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:43 AM
Terry Martin / W.Kentucky
Platinum Member

I run Carlisle Load Range E tires on my triple axle. 2 seasons and no issues - we pull at least 200 miles round trip every weekend. I have a friend who is a "higher up" at Raben Tire, and he suggested them. He said they get very good life and performance with that tire.

Radial Trail HD
ST235/80R16
Originally Posted by MR.HAPPY View Post
So... which Carlisle tire is the best then???
Old 04-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Registered

I got a set last season. No long trips, just 10 min drives to lake. I like them so far. They track really well on my tandem axle Myco. Forgot I was towing a couple of times.