Notices

Towing with a lifted truck??

Old 06-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I tow all the time with out issue. The important thing is all about the set up. Carli is awesome...but so is Icon and I have Pure Performance 6" lift. I have dual stage 2.5 adj. shocks in the front and 2.0 adj. in rear. I also have air bags. It rides excellent...and looks good...to me. The softer front and rear leaf springs from these companies make the ride better, and then add premium shocks along with numerous front end improvements makes them ride stock or slightly softer.

Old 06-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
I tow all the time with out issue. The important thing is all about the set up. Carli is awesome...but so is Icon and I have Pure Performance 6" lift. I have dual stage 2.5 adj. shocks in the front and 2.0 adj. in rear. I also have air bags. It rides excellent...and looks good...to me. The softer front and rear leaf springs from these companies make the ride better, and then add premium shocks along with numerous front end improvements makes them ride stock or slightly softer.

Gorgeous truck. Where's the boat you are sportin' these days?
Old 06-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I tow my 36 skater with Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 6" lift and 35" tires.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No issues towing my boat. I tow equipment regularly that is much heavier too
Old 06-16-2019, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by da*****rcury
I tow my 36 skater with Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 6" lift and 35" tires.

That is simply Badass (Skater and truck)!... Your 36 looks like a 46 on the trailer behind the LTZ in the pic
Old 05-31-2020, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Ford F250 6 inch lift kit on 35's with airbags.

Hey All, I am new to this forum and need to get some advice. My wife is pissed off at me because she is the one that tows our boat while I drive the RV. She did not want me to lift the truck since it tows fine..... smh.. I have a 2008 Ford f250 turbo diesel, and I just added a 6 inch lift kit, 20 inch rims on 35's. We tow a 30 foot Chaparral with twin 350's deep haul boat on a tipple axle trailer, very heavy on the back end, wide load. The boat and trailer together is about 12,000 pounds, and we are getting some serious sway since I lifted the truck. I have a drop hitch that can tow up to 18 thousand pounds. I am wondering if anyone has some advice on what I can do. I am adding a bigger sway bar on the truck along with steering dampeners, but I am wondering if I should change to a weight distribution hitch.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:26 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudder Chaos
Hey All, I am new to this forum and need to get some advice. My wife is pissed off at me because she is the one that tows our boat while I drive the RV. She did not want me to lift the truck since it tows fine..... smh.. I have a 2008 Ford f250 turbo diesel, and I just added a 6 inch lift kit, 20 inch rims on 35's. We tow a 30 foot Chaparral with twin 350's deep haul boat on a tipple axle trailer, very heavy on the back end, wide load. The boat and trailer together is about 12,000 pounds, and we are getting some serious sway since I lifted the truck. I have a drop hitch that can tow up to 18 thousand pounds. I am wondering if anyone has some advice on what I can do. I am adding a bigger sway bar on the truck along with steering dampeners, but I am wondering if I should change to a weight distribution hitch.
The only way a WD hitch works best with a boat trailer is if you have Electric over Hydraulic brakes. You can do it on a boat trailer, but Surge Brakes are compromised a bit a WD hitch. I have personal experience in this arena.

Which lift/setup did you put on the truck? How much is it squatting? Does the truck have helper airbags? If the rig towed fine before, I don't think a WD hitch is your answer. Be sure to increase the air pressure in the tires to the inflation specs on the truck (door jamb) when towing. (Then back it down for comfort for times when you are not towing for ride comfort.) The steering dampeners and sway bar, should make a difference, but if the truck is squatting that's going to be a problem.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sydwayz, I added the Flash E Series HD Adjustable 2-Ball Mount - 2-1/2" Hitch - 10" Drop, 10" Rise - 18K. I also have Airbag, which I ran at 45 psi, but seems like it was more stable when I drop it down to 20psi. the max 35 go up to 80 psi, I ran them 75 on the rear and 70 on the front. I am going to add steering dampeners and a Hellwig front and rear sway bar to the truck and see if it helps. I am wondering if there is anything else people are doing to their lifted trucks so they can tow without having serious sway. I am considering adding torkLift lower overload spring instead of the bags.