Notices

Proper Tire Sizes

Old 06-19-2019, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Proper Tire Sizes

Hello,

I just purchased heartland 215/75/14 tires for trailer. After they were mounted I noticed they are thinner then the tires I had been using (goodride, same size). The load rating is 1870 were it should be. I checked the specs on the maxxis tires which I wanted and it says the tires are almost 2 inches wider.

Does this make a difference in performance? I only tow my boat twice a year (640 miles total) and discount said they would take the tires back.

Thanks,

Lou
Old 06-20-2019, 01:19 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

You want the tallest and widest tires you can fit under the fenders. 320 is no small trip. Go with the Maxxis tires if you can. And I’d actually suggest spending a few more dollars to buy some 15” wheels and run the 15” Maxxis tires which you can get in a D-load rating.

Unless you park the trailer indoors, be certain you park the tires NOT on dirt/grass, and buy some Amfor Tire Covers from Amazon.