Notices

Trailer Fender Line-X?

Old 08-01-2019, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Trailer Fender Line-X?

My steel trailer was painted 3 years ago. The front steps and front of the fenders look bad from road debris. Instead of repainting, I thought about Line-X on just the steps and fenders as a permanent fix. Has anyone done this or something similar? Post pics please.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

I got the high end Linex in my truck and it faded into a pretty ugly grey after a few years. I put some gel on it and brought life back into it, but if it’s on the steps a sheet of seadek is easy and looks good.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
I got the high end Linex in my truck and it faded into a pretty ugly grey after a few years. I put some gel on it and brought life back into it, but if it’s on the steps a sheet of seadek is easy and looks good.
Thanks but it’s the sides of the step. Seadek won’t help. It’s the fenders also.
Are you talking about the Line-X brand or a similar brand? Line-X isn’t suppose to fade. I’ve had it in my truck almost 2 years and it looks the same.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I would do it. My GF has a vintage camper that has Line-X on the roof in silver, and it looks GREAT. If I ever have to redo the roof of a trailer, that's what's going on there in it's place.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Buddy has an older triple axle Eagle trailer for his 290 PQ. All the cross members were rocked chipped to he!! so he prepped and masked just the forward facing surface of them and rolled them with store bought bed liner. Turned out awesome. As they say, a man on a fast horse wouldn't even noticed he did it. Trailer is black so the black liner pretty much blends in. His fenders are fiberglass so I don't think he did anything to them.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:39 PM
Registered

LineX wanted WAY too much to do my steps and fenders. I decided to try it myself. I used dupli-color bed armor and I’m happy with the looks. Hope it holds up well. This is just a test area, didn’t want to do everything and not like it. I plan on doing all 4 step sides and tops. Also the fronts of the fender.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Another approach is to use PPF, it’s used on track cars all the time.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a vacuum trailer for my construction company. I bought it brand new. After a couple years I noticed severe rusting inside the 500 Gallon tank. Ditchwitch had no suggestions other than I should plan on replacing the tank every 5 years or so. While it is in use gravel and rock enter the tank at high velocity. Although there is a deflector plate I can still hear rock slamming the sides. I took it to Line x for a quote. After I had it sandblasted to clean metal they sprayed the entire tank. It was about $1000.00. After 6 more years of constant use the rust and pitting has stopped completely. Good stuff
Old 12-10-2019, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jtbooten
My steel trailer was painted 3 years ago. The front steps and front of the fenders look bad from road debris. Instead of repainting, I thought about Line-X on just the steps and fenders as a permanent fix. Has anyone done this or something similar? Post pics please.
buy yourself a raptor bedliner (by upol)kit with gun and spray it yourself if you can get your hand on a compressor.very easy to use and sticks awesome even to stuff you don’t want it to.lol I sprayed an engine bay with it on a car and it stuck to the front rim of the car that was covered with thick sanding dust from doing the bodywork.you can also buy a tintable kit to mix your own custom color.i did a set of front fenders for an old crusty 24v Dodge Ram I had in white👍
One more thing. If you save an empty bottle later on you can fill it with used motor oil and use the gun to coat the underneath of your truck.pull your truck on a tarp, toss on your painters suit and respirator and go to town

Last edited by Ratty206ls; 12-10-2019 at 07:37 PM.