Notices

Who knows led bulbs ?

Old 01-13-2020, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
This post is funny a friend of mine was just Bit$$ing on Facebook about all the vehicles with blinding lights now.
That is likely because of a few possibilities:
1. Reasons such as the subject of this post by simply changing bulbs to HID or LED.
2. Stock LED/ HID lights not properly aimed
3. Trucks lifted up higher than factory without adjusting the lights

People putting HID/ LED's in reflector housings that are designed for halogen lights throw light everywhere. If you really want better lighting, you need to have your stock lights retrofitted with HID or LED's and the proper projector. This will give a significantly better light spread with a sharp cutoff. Done correctly and aimed properly, this will be much better than stock halogen setups and will not be blinding.

Its very easy to tell the vehicles that have HID's/ LED's thrown into them vs the newer vehicles that come with HID/ LED from the factory or older vehicles with a good retrofit.

There is a VERY good facebook page with way more info called "headlight junkies"
Old 02-26-2020, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i went with morimoto hid retrofit's in my sierra 2500 for hi\low(oem was an epic failure from gm) and morimoto led fogs with a custom made relay harness where the fogs are always on when the headlights (hi or low) are on.. super bright and rock solid for 3 years they have been installed. did the same retrofit on my wife's yukon when we bought it for her. she had a cadillac srx with oem hit and was less than impressed with gm's same epic failure on the yukon.

i get all my lighting upgrades from www.theretrofitsource.com great guys will help with any and all questions. I am in no way affiliated with them just a happy repete customer..
Old 02-29-2020, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by phragle
My truck takes 9006 headlight bulbs. My headlights have always kind of sucked. Thinking of trying so LED bulbs. But when you put 9006 into Amazon there are a ton of different ones with different shapes etc.. I just want a basic BRIGHT white bulb.. no funky blue stuff or anything just a bright white one that puts out some light. Any ideas what I'm actully looking for ?
I have been using Diode Dynamics LEDs and HID systems for 4 years now and their light focus is UNMATCHED!! These are not just crazy bright annoying light systems from China, but all made in the USA. I've installed their lights in five different vehicles, including my Connie14 touring motorcycle.

www.DiodeDynamics.com
Old 03-10-2020, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
My truck takes 9006 headlight bulbs. My headlights have always kind of sucked. Thinking of trying so LED bulbs. But when you put 9006 into Amazon there are a ton of different ones with different shapes etc.. I just want a basic BRIGHT white bulb.. no funky blue stuff or anything just a bright white one that puts out some light. Any ideas what I'm actully looking for ?
What you're looking for is a 9012 swap.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
That is likely because of a few possibilities:
1. Reasons such as the subject of this post by simply changing bulbs to HID or LED.
2. Stock LED/ HID lights not properly aimed
3. Trucks lifted up higher than factory without adjusting the lights

People putting HID/ LED's in reflector housings that are designed for halogen lights throw light everywhere. If you really want better lighting, you need to have your stock lights retrofitted with HID or LED's and the proper projector. This will give a significantly better light spread with a sharp cutoff. Done correctly and aimed properly, this will be much better than stock halogen setups and will not be blinding.

Its very easy to tell the vehicles that have HID's/ LED's thrown into them vs the newer vehicles that come with HID/ LED from the factory or older vehicles with a good retrofit.

There is a VERY good facebook page with way more info called "headlight junkies"
This is very true about ppl who put LED/HIDS In the wrong housing....it doesn’t matter how you adjust them when its not designed for your headlight
Old 03-10-2020, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

After a couple of recommendations I went with Fehrens, istall was easy, price was right and Im very happy with the results so far...
Old 03-18-2020, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 1997 Prevost Marathon MotorCoach and the headlamps SUCK!! They are OLD SCHOOL 1991 Ford Bronco/F150 square headlights. I decided to upgrade them with a focused LED Projector and could not be happier with the results. I also bought the Porsche Panamera LED trim rings.

I bought the LED Projectors here:
Amazon Amazon

You will need the Butyl sealant:
Amazon Amazon

If you want to add the LED Projector trim rings:
Amazon Amazon
These can be hooked to your turn signals and running lights to give a switchback flip from white to amber.

LED Ring and Projector mounted in the OEM bulb location

LED Projector unit

LED Ring illuminated for turn signal

Ready for reseal

Old 03-18-2020, 04:30 PM
BZ
Registered

I like the LED idea also but being from the midwest and traveling to the UP to snowmobile I have never made the switch. LED's do not throw off any heat and I have been told they will ice over in snow? I have a LED light bar in the front bumper that I do use up north when it is real dark, I just have to keep it clean manually.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I'm a little late to this party, but I do not recommend swapping "drop in" LED bulbs into housings designed for halogen bulbs. The reason folks who do this have so may people flashing them - and the reason they think these bulbs "look so bright" - is that they do not direct the light output properly. (It has almost nothing to do with aiming.) A friend of mine put together a great post in another forum describing exactly why they don't work and it includes solid scientific data to back up his statements:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ectors.454371/
Old 04-14-2020, 12:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
I'm a little late to this party, but I do not recommend swapping "drop in" LED bulbs into housings designed for halogen bulbs. The reason folks who do this have so may people flashing them - and the reason they think these bulbs "look so bright" - is that they do not direct the light output properly. (It has almost nothing to do with aiming.) A friend of mine put together a great post in another forum describing exactly why they don't work and it includes solid scientific data to back up his statements:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...ectors.454371/
The problem is MOST of the kids who do this don’t care about anyone else. They just want too “ look cool” not trying to improve the lighting...just what I have noticed from the D-bags around here... and they also think its ok to run their off-road light bars and pods on the road too...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.