• 1 Post By Baja280es
  • 1 Post By bigboat28
  • 1 Post By Kelly O

Bulletproof Hitches ?

Old 03-25-2020, 07:26 AM
BZ
Registered

Question Bulletproof Hitches ?

OK since I am on lock down here in Chicago I have been killing time on the internet. I ran across this hitch and was wondering if anybody had any real life experience with it ? Seems like a cool idea. I do not NEED a new draw bar but it seems like a cool idea. I have been using the products from Curt and have no problems. Just looking for feedback.

https://www.bulletproofhitches.com/p...SABEgLm2_D_BwE
Old 03-25-2020, 07:34 AM
Registered

It is a great setup if you pull multiple trailers with multiple heights, easily adjustable. It is also nice if you have a modified truck (Lifted).

That being said, I prefer the forged rather than welded inserts with a large based ball. I like there is a direct link with no additional stress points.

I have one insert that is lower mount and other is flipped up. (I use this mount 90% of the time) Additionally I carry a generic 3 ball mount in case I have a smaller size ball. Generally I only end up using that if it is 2". Which in my world is few and far between.

Would it be easier to have just one set up to carry around? Yes, but again, I prefer the more direct forged inserts.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:37 AM
Registered

I have one very similar to it made by BW Hitches. I always carry it with me, but it IS NOT my go-to hitch. I prefer the solid draw bars with the correct drop and ball for whichever trailer I am towing.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:14 AM
Registered

I just picked up the 6 drop medium duty hitch from them last week. Its rated to 22,0000 pounds. On my stock 4x4 f250 I could have done the 4 drop but opted for the 6 since I just put airbags on the truck. Its super solid and weighs like 45 pounds. Solid shank. Its a great hitch so far.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:32 AM
Registered

The less wiggle in the hitch the better the tow. All these fitzall hitches are good for the occasional, but the long haul drive me nuts. I weld buttons on my hitch parts and match them to the receiver. When they slide in they are no slop. Makes a world of difference in the slam bang wham factor.......
Old 03-25-2020, 10:49 AM
Registered

Mine was so tight in the receiver I had to lightly hit it with a file to slide the new insert in. There is zero wiggle.
BZ likes this.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:47 PM
Registered

Baja I too just bought one & have only towed w/ it once. They are heavy as hell, look great & zero slop.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BZ View Post
OK since I am on lock down here in Chicago I have been killing time on the internet. I ran across this hitch and was wondering if anybody had any real life experience with it ? Seems like a cool idea. I do not NEED a new draw bar but it seems like a cool idea. I have been using the products from Curt and have no problems. Just looking for feedback.

https://www.bulletproofhitches.com/p...SABEgLm2_D_BwE
I didn't even know you still boated! Lol
BZ likes this.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:57 PM
Lynch Mob Racing
Platinum Member

I have had one for a few yeas now and it has worked well. I like that I can change ball size/height and even switch to a pintle when needed. I tow the boats, a car trailer, farm trailers, etc. This hitch makes things easy. I also like that they offer the shank in 2.5" so that I do not need to use an adapter.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hot Duck View Post
I have had one for a few yeas now and it has worked well. I like that I can change ball size/height and even switch to a pintle when needed. I tow the boats, a car trailer, farm trailers, etc. This hitch makes things easy. I also like that they offer the shank in 2.5" so that I do not need to use an adapter.
Agree with all of the above as I use mine similarly.
Very well constructed and tested to withstand much greater force than their rating.
Adjustability is really handy- just flipped mine for maximum rise to allow loading really low clearance car into enclosed trailer- in order to reduce ramp angle- and then flip back for level towing once loaded.

Seen way too many million dollar + boats towed with cheap draw bars or balls not even rated for the load they were servicing.
Padraig likes this.