Notices

wheel bearing grease?

Old 04-29-2021, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I've sold Amsoil for over 15 years. From a Die-hard Amsoil user I use Schaeffers 219 Waterproof grease. They designed this stuff specifically for trailer wheel bearings, it is aluminum complex so it is 100% waterproof. Most of your red and tacky's and other "wheel bearing" grease is Lithium based which is by definition a "soap" thickener that isn't waterproof. The 219 is also reversible which means it will retract to counteract the centrifugal force slinging it outward within the bearing.

Last edited by TylerBurich; 04-29-2021 at 01:46 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TylerBurich:
dykstra (04-30-2021), ICDEDPPL (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 4,620 Likes on 1,324 Posts
Thumbs up

^^ great info..
The following users liked this post:
dykstra (04-30-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 55 Posts

Which bearing companies aren't chinese assembled?
Old 04-29-2021, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 15 Posts

I use the Sta lube marine ...(Alum complex)..

Amazon Amazon
Old 04-30-2021, 07:49 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,001 Likes on 509 Posts

Originally Posted by Tractionless
Which bearing companies aren't chinese assembled?
That's gonna be hit or miss even with US based companies..... Timkin has facilities in the US and most of the hub bearings I've installed on trucks were all made in the USA.....wheel bearings like for trailers I've seen them labeled both ways, USA or China. If you have a good parts counter guy or go into the store when its dead and have them pull a handfull off the shelf to go through you can probably find one made in the USA. I know there's a company in MI called MI Bearings, i think in Lansing, that makes bearings here in the US...but if you go onto their website they list others like Timkin and Federal Mogul as well....And I'm pretty sure Federal is mostly China stuff now....at least all the ones I've come across in the past 5yrs.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 04-30-2021, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Mercury High Performance Extreme Grease is a calcium suflonate-based grease featuring excellent rust and corrosion protection. This grease is formulated for high temperature and high load applications.
  • Compatible with lithium-based greases
For use on: steering systems/cable linkages, throttle and shift cables, drive shaft splines, gimbal bearings, u-joints, suspension systems, chassis, ball joints, disc breaks and ABS applications, and trailer wheel bearings.”
This. Mercury went out of it's way to make One Grease to rule them all. previously they said to use various on multiple parts. so you'd need 10 grease types to own a boat... now one covers your splines, cables, bearings, etc.

Amazon Amazon