Notices

2022 Super Duty

Old 11-01-2021, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
www.mullinaxford.com
They have 5 2022s in stock now including a dually and a Tremor. They are a 4 Ford store chain and have fixed pricing, no dealer fees. Notice Ford rolled out the discounts/0% financing for 72 months on the F150s so it is only a matter of time before they include the F250/F350s.

A rural GMC store has 8-10 Duramax Sierras so the inventory is starting to show up.
That is pretty funny my wife said we should just go and get the red dually. Notice they have a fe of the 7.3 gas, in fact the red Dually is.

I hope they do the 0% finance on the 250/350 but not holding my breath.
Old 11-01-2021, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

The blue XL dually has more options than my 02 Lariat had lol. Considering what my buddy paid for his limited 65k is a good deal. If I didn’t put so many miles on I’d pick that up.
got another email this morning, production pushed back again to the week of the 15th.
Old 11-10-2021, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
How are you tracking it without a VIN?
Old 11-17-2021, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
How are you tracking it without a VIN?
This truck was ordered first week of August this year 2021. We have been requesting tracking info from the elusive Ford Rep who handles the dealership we purchase from. Today Nov 17th we just now received a Vin# and they are guessing build date end of January 2022. Finally!! lol. I had my doubts they would even build it as a 2022 until I had the Vin.
Old 11-22-2021, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
This truck was ordered first week of August this year 2021. We have been requesting tracking info from the elusive Ford Rep who handles the dealership we purchase from. Today Nov 17th we just now received a Vin# and they are guessing build date end of January 2022. Finally!! lol. I had my doubts they would even build it as a 2022 until I had the Vin.
WOW, I ordered almost 5 weeks after you, crazy.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Ordered a Platinum F350 Dually on September 2nd and its done being built as of November 16th. Dealer is telling me first week of December for delivery if all goes well.
The following 2 users liked this post by bigfarmer:
TylerBurich (11-23-2021), Wildman_grafix (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
Ordered a Platinum F350 Dually on September 2nd and its done being built as of November 16th. Dealer is telling me first week of December for delivery if all goes well.
That's a quick turnaround on a Platinum!
Old 11-23-2021, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
WOW, I ordered almost 5 weeks after you, crazy.
Every time I place a Retail order with our Ford Dealer the priority code is 19. On a scale of 1 being quickest and 20 being slowest. I would believe this is because it is a one time retail order. Also, the dealer I do business with is a lower volume dealer so they probably don't get that many allocations each month.
Old 11-23-2021, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm not sure exactly how Ford does it now because I haven't been involved with a Ford dealership is several years.

Ford's priority scale used to go from 10 to 99, with 10 being "build it as soon as you can" to 99 being "don't build it at all, keep the order in my order bank".

The way it works with GM, and Ford was very similar, is the manufacturer provides the dealer allocation opportunities on either a monthly or bi-monthly schedule, and the allocation is earned using a near black magic formula of sale rate, days supply, etc.

Earned allocation is not as simple as it sounds - As an example, GM divides the country into regions, broken down into zones, broken down further into districts. The regions are given allocation to dole out to the zone, district, and eventually dealer level. It's not enough to be a "big dealer" if you're in a region which doesn't earn a large volume of allocation for that model IE if the region's slice of the pie isn't large to begin with, being a big dealer is a lot like being the tallest jockey. Again, I'm not sure how Ford does it now, but their allocation process used to be nearly the same.

The point is this; as a dealer, I know at the beginning of every allocation period how many of a given model we earn, and we also know how many unscheduled retail orders we have, so to a certain extent we can do the math. For instance, if we've got 30 unscheduled retail orders and we earned 12 pieces of allocation for the bi-monthly wholesale period, and you're in the top 12, you should get your order blessed. However, there are several options that are "unblessable" due to all the shortages right now so you also have to have a buildable order or being "next in line" doesn't do you any good. We are calling customers weekly and confirming they don't want to alter their order and get their truck built faster depending on what GM is able to build due to supplier issues.

Retail orders - as opposed to a stock order - used to get priority IF extra allocation available IE the manufacture would schedule a retail in addition to the normal allocation earned by a dealer. (This happened if dealers turned down offered allocation, putting more allocation in the "pool") For the most part, that process has went away because there are no dealers I'm aware of anywhere who aren't begging for all the product they can get right now.

To further complicate things, with the current SNAFU situation, your dealer could have allocation with options available to build your order, the order blessed, and the manufacturer could run out of "chips", and your vehicle could be built without the required number of little genies used to control all the magic stuff, and it would sit in storage with the other chipless vehicles until there's enough of a backlog of unchipped vehicles to justify halting production of new vehicles and running the stored vehicles through the plant and installing the required chips.

When the vehicle is completed, there are shipping issues to contend with ; not enough rail cars, not enough trucks and/or drivers.

This is obviously the "Cliff's Notes" version, but the point I'm taking a long to make is if a dealer wants to, the dealer should be able to provide more info than "unscheduled clean". In simple terms, a dealer doesn't know how many pieces of allocation are going to be offered, but once the dealer has the allocation info, and the weekly constraint list, the guessing stops for that wholesale period.

As a last thought: it's easy to point fingers, and I'll admit to being critical of what I've perceived as bonehead decisions made by both Ford and GM in the past, but in terms of supply chain, manufacturing, and shipping, the current situation is as screwed up as a football bat and should make a very interesting college class in few years. The smart guys in logistics are earning their paychecks right now.

If it helps, remember this - manufacturers sell them to the dealers (who in turn sell them to customers) and manufacturers are doing everything possible to speed production because they don't get paid for the vehicles until the vehicle is complete.

The dealers are doing everything possible to deliver the vehicles to the customer as soon as possible because 1) we want to get paid and 2) every day we delay a delivery we run the risk of the manufacturing issuing a recall, which means we can't deliver the vehicle until the mfr. provides parts to address the recall....so the customer waits (hopefully) for the recall to be completed before they can take delivery. I'm not making light of the recalls, some are serious and should be addressed. However, we've had several recalls that were literally nothing more than a sticker in the incorrect spot, a nylon tie missing (gotta be an approved tie, not one from the local NAPA) or missing verbiage on the window sticker.

Sorry - I didn't mean to re-write "War and Peace", but it's a frustrating situation and there are so many other variables involved it's nowhere near as simple as I've made it sound. I heard someone describe "back order" as "The trees that make the shipping boxes are being planted now".

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
The following 2 users liked this post by Slippery:
outta control (11-23-2021), TylerBurich (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 09:26 AM
Registered

As Slippery stated above this whole order a truck process has been completely turned upside down. To add to the "Black Magic" formula as to which trucks get built first, I believe with Ford right now the Diesels are taking precedence. I believe this to be why some have received their Diesel Super Duty's long before my Gas truck will be scheduled. My order was placed in August, I have a friend who just placed an order for 2 diesel trucks (F-350 and F-450) and I would almost bet his trucks will be here as soon as mine, ordered from same dealer. Our local dealer has been stocking the lifted trucks from upfitters like Sherrod and Rocky Ridge because that's all they can get in a super duty right now. I have no clue how that affects their allocations when they buy from an upfitter like that but I hope it doesn't do anything to further complicate the Retail Order process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.