Notices

2022 Super Duty

Old 02-08-2022, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Wow crazy I ordered a 7.3 gas Lariat crew cab, F350, LB. I would say mid level, just single back up camera etc order was confirmed 9/10/21. I do not have a VIN yet, dealer has no idea when build will start.
Did you get the Adaptive Steering or Pro Trailer back up ? Those 2 options seem to be holding up orders that do not have VIN#'s. My dealer has (17) 2022 Super Duty's on order and only 5 have Vin#'s ....Could be an allocation issue as well.
Old 02-08-2022, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
Did you get the Adaptive Steering or Pro Trailer back up ? Those 2 options seem to be holding up orders that do not have VIN#'s. My dealer has (17) 2022 Super Duty's on order and only 5 have Vin#'s ....Could be an allocation issue as well.
No on both. Yes the post before about how they allocate was interesting and very complex. Kind of a nightmare to try and figure that one out.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:43 AM
Registered

Estimated delivery Date to our dealer is 2/26/22, I'm okay with this because I really wasn't wanting to get the new truck out in the salt already.
Old 02-21-2022, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm going to put a barber seat in the showroom and start cutting hair. I give up. You can get your oil changed and a hair cut at the same time. I think I can make it work. My order book is full and my sales rep no longer returns my phone calls.
The following users liked this post:
Slippery (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlueOval
I'm going to put a barber seat in the showroom and start cutting hair. I give up. You can get your oil changed and a hair cut at the same time. I think I can make it work. My order book is full and my sales rep no longer returns my phone calls.
I've wondered what you guys are doing with showrooms, lots, etc. They have since moved my 2022 order deliver date back out to March 5th ... This truck was ordered August 10th, 2021 and is a Lariat Value no ass scratchers or anything.
Old 02-21-2022, 06:26 PM
Registered

I was just told today the plant went into a two week shutdown, no parts. Will start back up next Monday so that delay doesn't surprise me Tyler. I still do not even have a build date, ordered Sept 4th 2021.
Old 02-22-2022, 02:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I was just told today the plant went into a two week shutdown, no parts. Will start back up next Monday so that delay doesn't surprise me Tyler. I still do not even have a build date, ordered Sept 4th 2021.
I have a customer that ordered an F-450 Lariat cab/chassis about a month after you ordered and his truck was built first week of Feb. Ford shows delivery of that one March 30th-April 5th..... I'm a little perplexed as to why you don't have a vin# yet.
Old 02-22-2022, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
I have a customer that ordered an F-450 Lariat cab/chassis about a month after you ordered and his truck was built first week of Feb. Ford shows delivery of that one March 30th-April 5th..... I'm a little perplexed as to why you don't have a vin# yet.
My dealer seems to think it may be the 7.3 gas, seems the 6.7 oil burners are coming in quicker. Or he is just blowing smoke and has no idea. I was not in a hurry but this is getting ridiculous.
Another month and I will go and order a RAM. Screw it who ever comes in first I'll take and when the other comes in sell it when I pick it up for a profit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
lucky strike (02-23-2022), TylerBurich (02-23-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I know where there is a new 22 F250 7.3 XLT black sb 4x4 FX4 if anyone is interested
Old 02-24-2022, 01:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOval
Me cutting hair would drive our customers away lol. I wonder how long it takes to get a liquor license ? The showroom would make a great place for a bar. I know I can serve drinks .

I can't tell you when we had enough inventory to have the luxury of having something in the showroom.

The parts shortage is bad, but the shipping issues are also a problem. Not enough trucks, not enough drivers, railcar shortage, and can't forget we still have a literal parking lot of cargo ships offshore with delays unloading.

Our Korean made product is now diverting through the canal and unloading on the east coast instead of CA as before. We have a Trailblazer that spent 3 months at sea, finally got unloaded in Jersey, and then sent to a distribution center in Flint, MI to wait for a carrier. Anybody look at a map ? Think about the mess that must be offshore Long Beach for GM to decide it was more efficient to divert all the way down through the Panama Canal and then back up to the NE coast of the US.
I'm sure glad our fearless leader is a foreign policy genius and the "only guy that's went toe to toe with Putin" or we'd have that mess complicating things as well....

Gotta give some credit to GM, the overall logistics for them (all all the mfr's I'm sure) are an absolute nightmare but they are doing what they can. We just had a Silverado delivered as I type this, and instead of the normal car carrier, this one came in on a car trailer behind a hot shot pickup. An independent hauler was verbotten not too long ago so they're working every possible angle to get dealers and customers their vehicles.

Think Spring

d

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.