Notices

I-beam trailer toolbox

Old 12-16-2021, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Default I-beam trailer toolbox

Is there any company that makes a box or a mount for a toolbox for an I-beam trailer frame? I don't have room on the tongue. My internet searches haven't turned up anything.
Old 12-17-2021, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

most of the time they are either submerged, full of water or in the way at the ramp..just sayin
The following users liked this post:
AmiableDave (12-17-2021)
Old 12-17-2021, 08:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You can make it work with U-bolts. Best thing to do is contact a local 4x4 shop that can make custom U-bolts (for suspensions). Or you could make your own with all-thread and a piece of aluminum.

But yes, you do want them as far forward and a high on the trailer as possible. I've had my boxes full of water before due to launching/retrieving on crappy boat ramps, and it's a giant PITFA.
Old 12-17-2021, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Yea I hear ya on the issues with them. I had mounted one on my previous boats trailer using J clamps and reinforcing the mounting points on the box itself. Was hoping there was something specificlly made for an I beam. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-18-2021, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 593 Likes on 273 Posts

I always get water in my trailer box. I started putting stuff in those small trashcans like in your office cubicles. Keeps chit dry and drilled a couple extra holes in bottom of box to drain out. fast.