Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Duramax Rules!! (just for Stecz) >

Duramax Rules!! (just for Stecz)

Notices

Duramax Rules!! (just for Stecz)

Old 02-27-2005, 09:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Duramax Rules!! (just for Stecz)

Originally Posted by stecz20
oh yeah by the way, I wish I had a Chevrolet

Now your talkin'
Old 02-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats just wrong, some one is abusing their powers.....
Old 02-27-2005, 09:48 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

oh yeah by the way...I just ordered my new Chevy, Can't wait to pick it up. It's in the paint shop getting painted pink

Old 02-27-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by R Addiction
:stecz sure does have a nice ass, i wonder if he would go for me, naw im a punk. could never get a manly man like stecz. i guess i better stick with cuda, hes more my type. i like them little so they cant get away from me.. just hope he does not crap all over me when i do my magic

sorry addiction, im into chicks... maybe i can set you up with my buddy rob.. he own a few a gay bars, he swings all kinds of ways...... sorry your pal stecz
Old 02-27-2005, 10:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

now thats jus wrong, you still do have that exhaust leak in your ford dontya?

Of course I owned them, but it was the regular customers like yourself that made it happen. Do you still have your construction worker gear from village people amatuer night?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:07 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

thats just wrong, some one is abusing their powers.....
I see you figured out the post bastardizing!!

Don't worry Stecz, You got way too much gray hair.....maybe thats why the Buick salesman make you nervous!!
Old 02-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

[QUOTE=Rippem]Congrats!

check the rear diff. should be 1/4 to 3/8 below fill plug. They habitually come through half-full. Use GM's synthetic known as "grape juice". Expensive...$28+ retail a qt., I pay $19 something. Use it, it's proprietary and designed for that Eaton locker. Change it once (about 3 1/2 qts.) after your first big tow. 20 min job. Eaton recommendations.

Change the Allison spin on filter at that time also...$7.50 at an Allison/Mack dealer. 10 min. job. Stealers nab $25 just for that filter only! Pre-fill it on the bench and you won't have to add.

Change the oil+filter at 1000 miles to get rid of sand cast, flash, and bearing coatings...and perhaps again at 5K, depending on workload. Then go to extended intervals. Don't do synthetic 'till at least 10K.

Also,when you change the tranny filter it's a good time to start putting the right fluid in,Allison transynd,GM phuked every one with their cheap dextron 3,smitty
Attached Thumbnails Duramax Rules!! (just for Stecz)-redneck-deerhunting-029.jpg  
Old 02-27-2005, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i worked for chevy for years and have always been a bowtie guy, but the new gm trucks have the weakest frames ever put under an american pick up. i've run body shops for twenty years and have never replaced as many frames as with the new chevy truck...the whole front section gets demolished in front end collisions. from the curved area behind the front tire forward they cave in and it doesn't take much of a hit to do them in. the previous body style would take a major front end or head on collision to waste a frame a render it unrepairable. i also saw a lot of the new dura maxs in our service dept with injector problems and am not sure that gm has resoleved the injector issue yet. so get the extended warranty as the injectors are around 750.00 ea retail. but they are good looking trucks, i just like the older trucks as i feel the construction and conventional radiator support front ends were a LOT more crash worthy. but do enjoy your new ride.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered

right on brother...
Old 02-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Uhh......."crumple zone"...so the occupant(s) don't absorb or react (get thrown as hard) to/by the impact, the vehicle does. It's called occupant safety.
When you see 'em start folding into the passenger compartment let me know!

Nobody I know is buying injectors under 100,000 miles, failure or not, unless they're getting f'ed by a stealer. If they don't know any better...they deserve it!

Quick Reply: Duramax Rules!! (just for Stecz)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.