Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rocketman

dayummmm that is bad a$$
Old 10-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ilmors will not make it a rocket,man,sorry? Don't bring that ride to the Chesapeake, you might get that cape ripped off. Cool boat though.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RAPTOR1
Ilmors will not make it a rocket,man,sorry? Don't bring that ride to the Chesapeake, you might get that cape ripped off. Cool boat though.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Registered

Give me a break.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

Curious, what will be ripping the cape off. I was up there back several months ago and was not impressed with the turnout of power with about 100 performance boats in the "Jamin on the James" I had Ilmors and had 95% of the field covered and I was not that fast. Rocket Man is probably faster than me by several mph. I guess it is all in perception
Old 10-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steet
Curious, what will be ripping the cape off. I was up there back several months ago and was not impressed with the turnout of power with about 100 performance boats in the "Jamin on the James" I had Ilmors and had 95% of the field covered and I was not that fast. Rocket Man is probably faster than me by several mph. I guess it is all in perception
OK. I meant Northern Chesapeake. Don't get me wrong, I think the boat is awesome. I fully appreciate the uniqueness of one-off rigs like this. I think I speak for a fair number of Velocity owners who frequent this forum (many who have owned more than one) we admire the fact that Velocitiies are distinguished from other manufacturers for many reasons but mainly for not having ventilated hulls and can run as fast or faster than like powered boats. We just want to see one roll out of the factory with some big merc. power and some #6's to compare to those million dollar rides.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I say we all get together next summer as a group and run and have some fun and see who has got what.We can run in the flat and then run in the rough and see what boat large or small a one off or a production model/all Velocitys of course I would hate to see Reggie show up with his so called cat killer .Charlie and Steet and Rick,what do you guys think.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Registered

OK. I meant Northern Chesapeake. Don't get me wrong, I think the boat is awesome. I fully appreciate the uniqueness of one-off rigs like this. I think I speak for a fair number of Velocity owners who frequent this forum (many who have owned more than one) we admire the fact that Velocitiies are distinguished from other manufacturers for many reasons but mainly for not having ventilated hulls and can run as fast or faster than like powered boats. We just want to see one roll out of the factory with some big merc. power and some #6's to compare to those million dollar rides.
Raptor, I have to agree with you on that one. I would like to see someone come out of the factory with the 1075's with #6's and see what the boat can do. I know that Ben's new 390 with the new Merc 700's is very impressive with the NXT drives and they are still dialing it in. I would expect to see numbers close to the 39 OL. Should have news within a week or two.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
I say we all get together next summer as a group and run and have some fun and see who has got what.We can run in the flat and then run in the rough and see what boat large or small a one off or a production model/all Velocitys of course I would hate to see Reggie show up with his so called cat killer .Charlie and Steet and Rick,what do you guys think.
Great idea. It would be nice to get the gang together for a good time. When you get all velocitys together, we always have a great time.

Quick Reply: Rocketman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.