Velocity Fest '08 >

Velocity Fest '08

Notices

Velocity Fest '08

Old 02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey i was all aboutit last year i dont care what my calender looks like id make it to V-Fest. And just for the record Hyper when my boat was donw i still booked a hotel in AC just to get down there with you guys. So i wont make an excuse not to be there. Ill run 1st 60 degree day with no cover on my engine just to get out there. And id be more then happy to set up an unoffical get2gether for the velocitys. I dont have 1 velocity around me so im willing to travel
-Mike
Old 02-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my Id ready, kinda, ever since that rug head basterd wacked the two towers I can't get across the border. My charges are from 16 yrs ago. As for where and when i'm in Andy...
Old 02-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Cool Cool Andy hope to Sea Ya
Old 02-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Rick will post the details soon,just got back from dinner and it is going to be a good time again as usual.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Rick will post the details soon,just got back from dinner and it is going to be a good time again as usual.
I figured he would have all the Info posted already??? HAHAHAHA!

It will be a good time for sure. The lil' 22 will get a work out!! Nice seeing everyone again. Thanks for the laughs Brian!

Thanks Rick. If you need a hand let me know I will help with what I can.

Dwayne
Old 02-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Il be there cant wait to see you guys.
Mike
Old 02-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

It definitely was a shot in the arm last night to see everyone, talk about our boats and make plans for this year's Velocity Fest.

WHEN:
There was a rapid concensus by the 13 people attending to hold Velocity Fest on the weekend of June 28 - 29th. This June date was picked so as not to be directly adjacent to the Lake Norman run (like last year) as we should have a number of PA, DE, MD owners heading there in 2008.

WHERE:
There was an overwhelming desire to repeat the 2006 Velocity Fest Chesapeake course from North East, MD to Rock Hall to Annapolis to Kent Narrows for the overnight and then returning the next day. So that's what we're going to do. As I recall this was about a 130 mile round trip course and a good portion of it is in open water. There are great sights to be seen on the way and everyone enjoyed staying over in Kent Narrows. Take a look at the pictures from the Velocity Fest 2006 thread if you weren't there.

So save the date on your calendars and we'll start making all the arrangements. Please be patient as this takes some time to get everything locked and loaded. Look for complete details no latter then May 1st.

Lastly, for everyone that may have wanted to hold Velocity Fest somewhere else - I encourage you to take the initiative, like the folks in the Chesapeake and NC areas, and organize/establish your own Velocity event. If you're successful with the Velocity Owners in your area, the word will get out and people will then consider travelling to your event. One thing I've learned the hard way, is that you first need a dedicated core of local owners because the majority of owners won't trailer very far if at all.

Again, I appreciate everyone's input last night and support for this long-standing Velocity tradition.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So everyone come on and lets make this the biggest and most successfull one yet.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

I do hope to see everyone there. Its more of a Hike then AC but well worth it from the past of what i have read. And since there are no velocitys around me i will see you all there.
-Mike
Old 02-25-2008, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
And since there are no velocitys around me i will see you all there.
-Mike
I'm not that far from you bro.
We'll be getting together at some point this summer I'm sure.
I organize a boyz only trip to Block every year so I'll be posting as soon as we nail down a date...

As for the BIG Velocity gathering, it's a bit to far for me.
Have fun and be safe everyone...

Quick Reply: Velocity Fest '08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.