Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity Fest 08 Only Thread

Lets Try This Again........
Old 03-09-2008, 08:11 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Yes Lets, this time no tangents. I'll in see you guys there on the 27. 28 is the run im coming down a day early.
-Mike

Last edited by Sick Stinger; 03-09-2008 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Forgot info
Old 03-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

As posted by Revelocity.

"It definitely was a shot in the arm last night to see everyone, talk about our boats and make plans for this year's Velocity Fest.

WHEN:
There was a rapid concensus by the 13 people attending to hold Velocity Fest on the weekend of June 28 - 29th. This June date was picked so as not to be directly adjacent to the Lake Norman run (like last year) as we should have a number of PA, DE, MD owners heading there in 2008.

WHERE:
There was an overwhelming desire to repeat the 2006 Velocity Fest Chesapeake course from North East, MD to Rock Hall to Annapolis to Kent Narrows for the overnight and then returning the next day. So that's what we're going to do. As I recall this was about a 130 mile round trip course and a good portion of it is in open water. There are great sights to be seen on the way and everyone enjoyed staying over in Kent Narrows. Take a look at the pictures from the Velocity Fest 2006 thread if you weren't there.

So save the date on your calendars and we'll start making all the arrangements. Please be patient as this takes some time to get everything locked and loaded. Look for complete details no latter then May 1st.

Lastly, for everyone that may have wanted to hold Velocity Fest somewhere else - I encourage you to take the initiative, like the folks in the Chesapeake and NC areas, and organize/establish your own Velocity event. If you're successful with the Velocity Owners in your area, the word will get out and people will then consider travelling to your event. One thing I've learned the hard way, is that you first need a dedicated core of local owners because the majority of owners won't trailer very far if at all.

Again, I appreciate everyone's input last night and support for this long-standing Velocity tradition."

Last edited by DKerns; 03-09-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Registered

Couple of important posts an the other thread.

Notda1 stated we may not be able to get 93 at Kent Narrows!? I would take it that anyone who needs 93 should fill up at Annapolis with Bill.

Also from Notda1, Check with the Jetty at Kent's Narrows incase Red Eye's is booked!

Thanks Notda1! There may be some more info that could be moved over to this one but not that I can think of!

Thanks for the new thread TF!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered

Hey Thong Fellow are you going to make it down to Jacksonville this year. I need somebody to run with.
Gary
Old 03-09-2008, 09:37 PM
Registered

Not this year
Old 03-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered

Default V-fest

For thoughs of us who are not going Velocity Fest in NJ this and are going to the cheasepeake you may want to check out the Hilton Garden Inn Kent Narrows. Its very nice place i've stayed there in the past and it has a 25 slip marina and if you make your reservations now you may be able to get a slip with your room.

Just another option.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

We are there.V Fest will as always be a good time.I hope everyone that can make it does.I will call Tom tommorrow in Florida to see if any of those guys can make it.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:16 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill, need a photographer?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Brian how is the arm doing.PS If you need anything,let me know.
Bill

Quick Reply: Velocity Fest 08 Only Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.