Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Stelling Boxes on a 320 >

Stelling Boxes on a 320

Notices

Stelling Boxes on a 320

Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which way is everyone spinning the props on the 320, still in or does the boat handle better spinning out?
Old 04-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Which way is everyone spinning the props on the 320, still in or does the boat handle better spinning out?
If I spin my blades out it settles the boat down alot and I loose a little up top but it is much more stable,also I do not use the Hydromotives unless I just want the acceleration and not the best all around performance.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Single Screw 32
Hey, Just sign up with EXCESS ENERGY for a VELOCITY driving session........................

He also will give sessions for "F"ountain owners!
If I would have only brought my camera today!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
If I spin my blades out it settles the boat down alot and I loose a little up top but it is much more stable,also I do not use the Hydromotives unless I just want the acceleration and not the best all around performance.
My props are a left hand rotating and a right hand rotating, Does that mean I'm running one in and one out?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Registered

Just wanted to share a thought about the "R&D" comments. You two(R.E. and Hyper) have done some things on the 320 to "settle it down" and do deserve credit for it. As far as Velocity not doing the homework on the 320 I am a bit confused. I don't know of any 320 that came out of the factory with big power in it???? I feel the 320 has done everything that they were intended to do with the stock Merc. or Volvo Penta power they left the factory with. Again, I am not trying to stir the pot!!!!

VV, It will take patience on your end with the higher speeds. From what I hear you will need seat time. And last but not least what works for their 320 and driving style may not work for your 320 and driving style. Good Luck!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
My props are a left hand rotating and a right hand rotating, Does that mean I'm running one in and one out?

As they should be! Looking at the tops of the props, would they both spin out or would they both spin in towards each other?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DKerns
As they should be! Looking at the tops of the props, would they both spin out or would they both spin in towards each other?
Sh!t looks like in to me can you guy's tell?

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 04-13-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Registered

VV, they would be spinning "In".
Old 04-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Just wanted to share a thought about the "R&D" comments. You two(R.E. and Hyper) have done some things on the 320 to "settle it down" and do deserve credit for it. As far as Velocity not doing the homework on the 320 I am a bit confused. I don't know of any 320 that came out of the factory with big power in it???? I feel the 320 has done everything that they were intended to do with the stock Merc. or Volvo Penta power they left the factory with. Again, I am not trying to stir the pot!!!!

VV, It will take patience on your end with the higher speeds. From what I hear you will need seat time. And last but not least what works for their 320 and driving style may not work for your 320 and driving style. Good Luck!
Yes, I need seat time without my wife screaming and slapping the back of my head and pointing at the speedo, I should have never installed the passenger speedo.

I have the patience of Jobe and injoy trying different stuff even if it doesn't work.

I kinda sorta agree with you on the power from the factory. They no better to slap 1200 hp in a boat and sell it to anyone.

I'm not out there doing donuts and acting crazy trying to spin out, If I go fast I go straight. I'll get it figured out. I'v learned so much just being here with you guys and thanks for sticking with me while I'm learning the ropes. I'm probably older than most here but I'm still a pup when it comes to this stuff.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

VV, they would be spinning "In".
Now if I wanted to experiment with them out just swap them, Or would that make me go backwards really fast?

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 04-13-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Stelling Boxes on a 320

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.