Bought engines today VV

Notices

Bought engines today VV

Old 04-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mange
Congrats to some VERY COOL engines. I do think you gona see some big # MPH.. And these headers sticking up the hatch BAD wow!!

/Mange
Thanks Mange, I think she will be some real fun.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and Good Luck! You will have to keep us posted on the swap. I think 700 hp will be very easy to acheive with those. You will prob. have the fastest N/A 320, maybe even the fastest 320!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Registered

THAT A BOY. keep us posted that will be one bad 320. Now you will be able to run over a 100mph without trimming it to the sky and getting all bent out of shape like the other guys talk about. NOTDA1 knows what i'm talking about he had one of the baddest 30's around and never had it trimmed out of shape or unsafe @ 105 mph plus, full of people. Curt. P>S i think that exhaust will get old quick just my .02$
Old 04-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
D Kerns, Thanks, It should be plenty of get-up. I'll keep everyone posted on the re-rig.

I need some input on drives, I found a set of 2007 B-max HT drives with 15 hrs on them, like new for 15K good to 900 + HP so they say.

Maybe Notda1 could give you some input on the drives. Also if Hyper1 see's this maybe he will chime in on his drive swap on his 320.

Personally, I would go with the stronger drive, but what do I know, I run an Alpha!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Registered

sick motors... love the exsaust!!! def gonna be one of the baddest 320's around...
Old 04-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Single Screw 32
THAT A BOY. keep us posted that will be one bad 320. Now you will be able to run over a 100mph without trimming it to the sky and getting all bent out of shape like the other guys talk about. NOTDA1 knows what i'm talking about he had one of the baddest 30's around and never had it trimmed out of shape or unsafe @ 105 mph plus, full of people. Curt. P>S i think that exhaust will get old quick just my .02$
Safe is the main thing, I'll have to get some seat time before I go 100, .

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 06-01-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Registered

VV-- That bad boy is going to be sick!!

My thoughts on the drive are to go with a modified XR. If you had a heavier boat it would be a no brainer, but I think you can get away with XR's with good componenets. Of course that all depends on your driving habits too

Frank
Old 04-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Good luck VV. Please take some pic's of the engine installations and post as there will be a ton of interest!

I definitely agree with Frank on going with the modified XR's since you have a lighter boat and NA motors. The BMAX's will definitely effect your handling/speed with it's bigger cross section, make the boat even more tail heavy and I think the jury is still out on just how much stronger the newer BMAX drive really is. In either case, I'd install longer trim tabs to give yourself every handling advantage.

Having previously owned a 90 MPH 320, I'd definitely recommend spending plenty of time talking to Hyper about setting up and driving a 320 at the 100+ MPH mark!

Rick
Old 04-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelocity
Having previously owned a 90 MPH 320, I'd definitely recommend spending plenty of time talking to Hyper about setting up and driving a 320 at the 100+ MPH mark!

Rick

I would definetly agree here, having owned Hypers boat for 7+ years, you need to take your time learning. That hull can bite you hard if you do not respect it.

On the drives, Bill can confirm, but I am pretty sure he went with the Imco Extremes with a 1.50 ratio. XRs would likely work as well, especially if you go to the newer swept back style, they are supposed to be somewhat better, steel tower, heavier thrust washers etc.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Found a set of new race preped xrs with shorties,

I am having the dry sumps removed and adding oil pumps and pans 10 quart pans, I just don't have a whole lot of room to add the oil tanks.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 06-12-2008 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Bought engines today VV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.