Bought engines today VV

Notices

Bought engines today VV

Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DKerns
VV, you the one stirring up those earthquakes in Okla.??
That's what happens when you fire up 2 big blocks at 3:00AM, They just thought it was an earthquake. I did feel the quake it felt like my chair dropped 2 in.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 08-28-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just as a point of caution. Make sure that the new supplied water is connected to a pressure gauge. My external water pickups run to my sea strainers and then to my super chillers. Last week on a shake down run I noticed that the boat was handeling wierd and I was down on water pressure on the port side chiller, I opend up the hatch and had water up to my lower crank pulley. The line came off at the fitting shooting a 3/4 stream of water in the bilge. I look at my gauges all the time and was lucky to spot that. Without a pressure gauge I could of sunk.

Last edited by Andy; 09-02-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Andy
I cuold of sunk.
Good point glad you didn't sink. I do have water pressure gages. You probably know this already but some may not. I know its hard to think straight when your ride is sinking but if you do get in a crack like a fitting breaks or thru hull gives up and you have strainers close the inlet water valve then take the hose off the suction side of the strainer and lay it in the bilge start the engine and pump out the bilge. Might get you to the trailer. If you have good insurance grab the ice chest and life jacket. Relax and wave good by.

My thru hulls are coming along nicely. A little more time consuming than expected but I have been known for my patience. There is just not much working room on the hull between two big blocks engines. Especially with my trim 240# frame.

I did the final thru hull install today after fitting them. Got them trimmed off under the boat. These are 1 1/2" OD each angled 30 degs towards the bow so I trimmed them flush with the bottom on the front 3/4" of the 1 1/2" and left 3/8" sticking down in the rear 3/4" of the tube. I can trim more later if needed. They look almost cannon like under the boat, they should pick up plenty. I think they are big enough to put a small bass in the strainer.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 09-02-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cuold of sunk. What the hell, where is spellchehc?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Good point glad you didn't sink. I do have water pressure gages. You probably know this already but some may not. I know its hard to think straight when your ride is sinking but if you do get in a crack like a fitting breaks or thru hull gives up and you have strainers close the inlet water valve then take the hose off the suction side of the strainer and lay it in the bilge start the engine and pump out the bilge. Might get you to the trailer. If you have good insurance grab the ice chest and life jacket. Relax and wave good by.

My thru hulls are coming along nicely. A little more time consuming than expected but I have been known for my patience. There is just not much working room on the hull between two big blocks engines. Especially with my trim 240# frame.

I did the final thru hull install today after fitting them. Got them trimmed off under the boat. These are 1 1/2" OD each angled 30 degs towards the bow so I trimmed them flush with the bottom on the front 3/4" of the 1 1/2" and left 3/8" sticking down in the rear 3/4" of the tube. I can trim more later if needed. They look almost cannon like under the boat, they should pick up plenty. I think they are big enough to put a small bass in the strainer.
Texoma this weekend or what!?
Old 09-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by TxHawk
Texoma this weekend or what!?
I should be ready Matt. We need to try out these new props and see some water pressure. I got the drives water plumbed out the top of the extension boxes. When I took the plastic water outlet off the drive to add the new billet replacement water outlet I found the gasket had a leak (starboard) and water in the extension box so I figure that is where I was sucking air and taking on some water through the boxes. The gasket was the only thing I didn't check untill I installed the thru hull pickups but I'm glad I found it. Would have been a b itch if water froze inside the box and cracked it.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 09-02-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Andy
where is spellchehc?
In that 30 pac!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I should be ready Matt. We need to try out these new props and see some water pressure. I got the drives water plumbed out the top of the extension boxes. When I took the plastic water outlet off the drive to add the new billet replacement water outlet I found the gasket had a leak (starboard) and water in the extension box so I figure that is where I was sucking air and taking on some water through the boxes. The gasket was the only thing I didn't check untill I installed the thru hull pickups but I'm glad I found it. Would have been a b itch if water froze inside the box and cracked it.
I periodically pull the drain plug on mine to check them. I know the doors/windows must leak a little. Not a bad idea to take a looksee in there anyway.

I hope this fixes your problem and doesnt create any new ones!!??
Old 09-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=TxHawk;2945594]I periodically pull the drain plug on mine to check them.

I don't see a plug on mine?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Thru hull pickup are done. These have 4 bolts to secure them. Bolts go in from the bottom up with the nut inside the boat. You counter sink them on the bottom of the boat 3/4" deep and 3/4" diameter then install dowell rod plug after the bolts are tight. Then I made divits around each bolt plug and the tube about 2" diamiter and filled it in with fiberglass and sand smooth.
Attached Thumbnails Bought engines today VV-dsc_0005.jpg   Bought engines today VV-dsc_0006.jpg   Bought engines today VV-dsc_0011.jpg  

Bought engines today VV-dsc_0012.jpg  

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 09-04-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Bought engines today VV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.