Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
de lamination? >

de lamination?

Notices

de lamination?

Old 11-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fenntucky?! You're right in my back yard. What glass guy did you take it too? Go to Chris Mills he's not that far from you just off of M40. Where do you boat? I've never seen another 22' out here before. I can look at it too if you want.

Last edited by DisturbedVelo22; 11-11-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Chris Mills is Extreme, the link I posted on the first page.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

def not bs... i wish it was but unfortunatly the boat is no good
Old 11-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThoroughHustler
def not bs... i wish it was but unfortunatly the boat is no good
there are 6 different velocities here and all of them have been back to the factory for one thhing or the other and they have been great to work with.i bought mine used and so did my brother and we both have had thing fixed by them that they did not have to fix but they did so i am calling bs also
Old 11-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikes280
there are 6 different velocities here and all of them have been back to the factory for one thhing or the other and they have been great to work with.i bought mine used and so did my brother and we both have had thing fixed by them that they did not have to fix but they did so i am calling bs also
They wouldn't fix this guy's boat. De lam is definitely not a normal form of aging, the boat is only 14 years old. How many boats from the 70's and 80's are on here that don't have de lam?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Registered

Wait a minute, so there are 6 boats on here that have had hull problems that velocity fixed? What were the issues with these other boats? I'm starting to get nervous now! Maybe I had better do a close inspection on mine.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2004 velocity with 2 areas showing signs of gel-coat spider cracks. I was told by the factory that there is nothing to worry about. I was also told that I could have the factory fix it for me; but the drive to FL is a little out of the way since I live in Maryland.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22
Wait a minute, so there are 6 boats on here that have had hull problems that velocity fixed? What were the issues with these other boats? I'm starting to get nervous now! Maybe I had better do a close inspection on mine.
i did not say they had problems one had a place on the deck that was fixed mine had a crack in the engine hatch they replaced it no charge. keep in mind my boat is a 96 my brothers is a 98 and friend of mine is a 93 and all three of these boats have big power and can run 100mph so yes they have been beat on Even the things that i had them do like paint and trim work they were so much cheeper it was worth it to take it to them for the work
Old 11-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

i did not say they had problems one had a place on the deck that was fixed mine had a crack in the engine hatch they replaced it no charge. keep in mind my boat is a 96 my brothers is a 98 and friend of mine is a 93 and all three of these boats have big power and can run 100mph so yes they have been beat on Even the things that i had them do like paint and trim work they were so much cheeper it was worth it to take it to them for the work
And how old were the boat when they made these repairs? I have cracks at the corners of my deck where comes down into the dash.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22
And how old were the boat when they made these repairs? I have cracks at the corners of my deck where comes down into the dash.
your best bet is to call the plant and talk to Steve him self he is usually there in the earlly am i have even got him like 7.30 am tell him what you have and just see what he says , Steve is easy to talk to.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Registered

Do I just call and ask to talk to steve? What happened to the thread starter? Did we scare you off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.