Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Next project is a CAT >

Next project is a CAT

Notices

Next project is a CAT

Old 01-03-2010, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a fair price even in this market . Spring will be here soon and she sure shows well . Hope you will have some thing for us to go for a ride in Aug , when I'm passing through . It is always interesting watching your projects as they progress . Looking forward to following along on this one !!!

Last edited by notda1; 01-03-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow big project. Is that basically a bare hull then?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22
Wow big project. Is that basically a bare hull then?
Yep not a wire in it. I like big bites
Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Registered

LOL better you than me! At least you'll have what you want and know its done right.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Having a survey done on it Wed. before I go get it, long ass drive if it ain't what he said it is...

DV your welcome to come help on it.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Having a survey done on it Wed. before I go get it, long ass drive if it ain't what he said it is...

DV your welcome to come help on it.
Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass. Maybe if you were closer. Looks like its going to be a fun boat! Why don't you just use the motors from your velocity and put some stockers in their place??
Old 01-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DisturbedVelo22
Thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass. Maybe if you were closer. Looks like its going to be a fun boat! Why don't you just use the motors from your velocity and put some stockers in their place??
I got the survey on the Cat today. Everything was good. String straight in and out sponsons and no moisture on the meter so I'm wiring money tomorrow.

I am installing merc, 502's 465 hp carb engines back in the velocity. Merc made these engines a couple years before the 500HP's.

Also installing a set of new gimbals and new bravo ones on the Velocity.

I found a older newly rebuilt set of #6 wet sump drives with gimbals for the CAT. Come to find out these drives were going on this same cat but never got that far. So that was kinda weird to find them and some history on the boat from the old owner.

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 02-21-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I got the survey on the Cat today. Everything was good. String straight in and out sponsons and no moisture on the meter so I'm wiring money tomorrow.

I was going to put my engines in the cat, then changed my mind, then changed my mind again. So yes my engines are going in the cat.

I am installing merc, 502's 465 hp carb engines back in the velocity. Merc made these engines a couple years before the 500HP's.

Also installing a set of new gimbals and new bravo ones on the Velocity.

I'm selling all my xr stuff, Imco Boxes gimbal assemblies all in the swap shop now. If you guys need something let me know.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ml#post3018786.

I'm scraping the Arnoson deal I found some really resonable #8-10'S but to use them I would have to reverse rotate one engine and do not want to go thru all that.

I found a older newly rebuilt set of #6 wet sump drives with gimbals for the CAT. Come to find out these drives were going on this same cat but never got that far. So that was kinda weird to find them and some history on the boat from the old owner. I'm just going to run my engines like they are until I need to rebuild them. By that time I will be use to the cat. Then go with blower motors. VV
That sounds a good plan KC! Now no more changing your mind!!.......unless you want to buy my cat too!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
That sounds a good plan KC! Now no more changing your mind!!.......unless you want to buy my cat too!
Thanks Dan, I know sometimes I feel like a damn wider woman making my mind up.

A little history on the cat, I was built in 1995 and was a race boat for 2 years with 850hp engines the name of the boat was "American Express" she simi stuffed with some light damage to the front in 1997.

The owner wanted to race in the unlimited open class anyway so he took the boat had it lengthened to 35' and the reinforcement took place and a new transom added cause he wanted to run arnesons.

The dealer where it was fixed after it got fixed, then regestered her as a 35' 1998 modle and it was never rerigged or in the water after the work so basicly it is a new 1998 hull.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Andy
Just a matter of time before you got a Cat. What do you plan for engines and drives. I got an email from a guy who had a 38' Express cat with #3 drives no engines a am thinking of getting. Those boats are fukcing huge!! Good luck you sick fukcer!!
Andy where's the 38 close to you? The OE are huge in the 39. version this 35 has a 9'6"beam I think the 39 is like 10'6" The one I got or getting is definately a sit down, saw a pic of the guy standing in the cockpit and his knees were at the edge of the side of the boat. I'm gona have to get hatches built the guy was quite the sales person. I asked what he thought it would cost, told me a couple hunderd bucks probabley. I told him get them made and I'll pay him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.