Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected >

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Notices

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Old 11-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Brian, thanks for sharing your story. I'm looking forward to the day that we can run with a bunch of other velocity boats. It would be cool to have some old ones like yours around. I wish people had saved more of the old race boats, we never see any in my area.

Best regards,
Jordan
Old 12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did the news go with your grandfather? any updates?
Old 12-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by panicrev613
how did the news go with your grandfather? any updates?
Thanks for asking!

Mike and I told the whole family over Thanksgiving and it really couldn't have gone better. Mike's sister's Kelly and Renee could not believe it and were both as happy as could be and so grateful that Mike and I have put in the effort to track down a piece of our history and try to bring it back. My grandpa was suprised and happy too with one stipulation: "as long as you boys don't race it". That one we expected To sum it up I think it's best to say everyone was just shocked in a good way. It was certainly reassuring to know that my family is 100% behind what we are doing, which only provides more motivation to accomplish our goal of bringing StillCrazy back to life.

It's a relief now that everybody knows and we can share things with them as the build progresses. Mike and I are heading up to Velocity tomorrow to do some more prep work with the sanders and flat boards and hopefully get the boat on its' side so we can buff the bottom and let Steve assess how much gel coat we need to repair. I'm itching to get her to paint so we can start to see the glimmers of what the new StillCrazy is going to be like. It's been a couple weeks since Mike and I have seen the boat so we can't wait to get up there and see the progress Steve and his guys have made with the glass repairs. I'm sure I'll get a bunch of progress pics this weekend that I'll put up when I get home.

Best regards to everybody still following,

Jordan
Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thank you all

As Jordan's brother, and part of the Poppa Family I would like to thank all of you for your interest and support of this project! It has been Jordan's and Mike's dream and drive in life to go fast, and eventually have a "Still Crazy" of their own. I just want to show my families gratitude, support and pride in what you two are doing! Cant wait to get her back in the water! I remember playing around this boat as a child, and cant wait to see her restored to her glory!

Good Job guys!

Justin Poppa, and Family

on another note does anyone know where the cougar cat hull ended up (last I heard was New Jersey), or where the "Intimidator" ended up? Any info would be awesome!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Had the pleasure of meeting Mike, Jordan and Steve this wknd. You and the family will be proud when you finally see the finished product. Their busting their azzes on that boat. Cant wait to see it finished . Keep up the great work guys.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Hey everybody, it's been a couple weeks since our last post and we don't have a ton of visual progress to show but work is still progressing, mostly the little tedious work that doesn't look like much now but all adds up to a great finished product.

Mike and I have to thank Patryk (ItsPeanut) for generously volunteering his time and driving down from Jacksonville to give us a hand. He worked his butt off all day Saturday and really helped us out. I hope we can make the Jacksonville run and get you out on the boat to enjoy the fruits of your labor

Now to the photos....

Mike getting set up for the grind...

The new transom...

Mike and Chris discussing paint, Patryk sanding, Steve filling...

Me filling the holes behind the rub rail so we don't get any unwanted water intrusion down the road...

Patryk putting some muscle in it...

Checkered flags marking victories we uncovered while sanding. These were so thin, one extra pass and they disappear...

One of the coolest moments yet, the first time we've been able to see Mike's dad's name on the boat. You can barely make it out...

Steve changed his plans when he found out we were coming up and spent all day working with us. Every day Mike and I get to spend with him is a gift. Here he is showing us how's it's done...

And laying some new glass on the dash...

Patryk working on the hatches...

On Sunday, me grinding out some of the gel cracks...

Mike filling some holes...

And me working on the windscreen...

That took a lot of time

Mike and I after another great weekend

Another huge thanks goes out to Steve and Kim again, who treated us to an unbelievable dinner and free lodging Steve also dug out some old VHS tapes and Mike and I saw StillCrazy run for the first time!!!! One video was from the New Orleans speed trials I believe in '83 and boy was she running sweet. Hopefully we can get the tapes onto DVD soon and be able to share them with everybody.

If all goes well this week with Steve's guys working on the bottom, we should be headed up to Sanford this weekend to pick up the boat and tow it down to Eddie Guardado's shop in Miami to start the paint. Hopefully the next set of photos will show StillCrazy back in her stripes

Best regards to everyone out there!!!

-Jordan & Mike
Old 12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered

Awesome job guys , it's great to see Steve right in the middle of things, you have got the master over seeing this boat and that says a ton .
Old 12-14-2010, 08:52 PM
JnT
Registered

Great thread! Can't wait to see it run!
Old 12-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a GREAT thread! Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Registered

Awesome thread guys! This is a great project, can't wait to see it progress more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.