Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected >

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Notices

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Thank you for taking the time to document and share the build with everyone. Quite possibly the best thread ever on OSO.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremePowerboats.com
I was actually there to see this boat Still Crazy Racing in the day ,back in the early 80,s at Turnberry Isle Marina . This was a beautiful boat then and even better looking today .When I last saw this boat at Guardo marine they were working to complete the boat and it was looking great !
Glad to see you finished this project !! Now drag that beauty to Sunny Isles beach offshore challenge and show that boat off at the Historic Miami-Bimini Offshore challenge June 16=19th in Gulfstream park ! These boats are why we started this event . The TRUE offshore powerboats have a place to really run and play again Offshore running from Miami -to Bimini for the Pure ADVENTURE or Challenge of a life time !
Offshore Events would love to have this boat displayed in our Race village this coming weekend at Gulfstream park June 16-19th . Contact me anytime ,Larry at www.Offshoreevents.net www.Xtremepowerboats.com
Join any of the powerboat events all weekend ,The 4th annual iami -Bimini Offshore challenge Historic class vee ,or the Florida powerboat clubs 20th anniversary celebration Poker run saturday .Then watch the Opa offshore Race sunday in Sunny Isles beach .A powerful powerboat weekend at one event !
Larry, unfortunately we're not going to be able to make it over to Sunny Isles. After 8 months straight of working on the boat it's time to take a weekend off (my anniversary is this weekend). Thank you for the invite and we will certainly try to make it next year.

We are planning on being at the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix in Sarasota June 30th - July 4th. Looks like we'll have the boat in the boat parade and at the Powerboats by the Bay for people to check out. So if anyone is coming for the race, stop by and say hello!
Old 06-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jordan,

Grandpa Poppa and I can't wait ! Love ya, Mom

Last edited by mamapoppa; 06-25-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello everybody!

We spent this past Saturday learning to drive and throttle Still Crazy from the best - Steve Stepp

With our new hydromotive 15.5x31 5 blades, on flat fresh water and up against the limiters, this is what we ran
2011-06-25_11-13-06_776 by JordanPoppa, on Flickr

We are really happy with that number since these are our non-labbed, everyday props. More importantly, the boat handles like a dream and the setup seams perfect so far. Hopefully with some 34's we'll see triple digits!

Needless to say it was of the best experiences of our lives as we spent all morning learning to to trim and drive on Lake Monroe and then headed to New Smyrna to get our first chance to jump some waves. Running hard in the ocean is an absolutely addictive blast and we can't wait to get out there again to practice and learn. What an awesome sport
The following users liked this post:
neuer_Typ (04-26-2021)
Old 06-26-2011, 05:11 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

[QUOTE=StillCrazy J&M;3438890]Hello everybody!

We spent this past Saturday learning to drive and throttle Still Crazy from the best - Steve Stepp

With our new hydromotive 15.5x31 5 blades, on flat fresh water and up against the limiters, this is what we ran
2011-06-25_11-13-06_776 by JordanPoppa, on Flickr

We are really happy with that number since these are our non-labbed, everyday props. More importantly, the boat handles like a dream and the setup seams perfect so far. Hopefully with some 34's we'll see triple digits!

Needless to say it was of the best experiences of our lives as we spent all morning learning to to trim and drive on Lake Monroe and then headed to New Smyrna to get our first chance to jump some waves. Running hard in the ocean is an absolutely addictive blast and we can't wait to get out there again to practice and learn. What an awesome sport[/QUOTt
Old 06-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

94 is a very impressive, that's a great #....congrats!
Old 06-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Registered

....you should ALL be very proud of yourselves...great thread, great story, great people...thanx for let'n me watch...
Old 06-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Registered

I literally just read this entire thread... bravo.

I commend you guys on your hard work, and am trully inspired by your story I'm about an hour east of Columbus in Tipp City, OH (just east on 571 of West Milton where Fetters is actually), but have family in Destin, FL and plan on going down to the Key's for the races in November again- I would love an oppurtunity to see this legend you brought back in person and shake your hands! Enjoy the fruits of your labor guys!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Well done guys. Great job.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 4th of July Weekend Suncoast Offshore

I was lucky enough to take a trip to Sarasota, and enjoy the weekend with my brother Jordan, cousin Mike, and the always thrilling Still Crazy! I would love to try to put into words the feelings it brought to me but I only have a few minutes tonight, so here are a few pics i gathered that were taken from our runs, and I will try to upload some videos as well! Wow, what an amazing Machine....Amazing Job Jordan, Mike, Steve, and all the amazing people who have given time and effort to help bring this dream back to this family! Thank you again!

Justin Poppa

Still Crazy 111 by thepoppas, on Flickr

Another Cruising

Getting after it! by thepoppas, on Flickr

Click on one of my photos and the whole series is available on my photostream. Hope you enjoy as much as we did!

Friday Run by thepoppas, on Flickr

Friday run 7 by thepoppas, on Flickr

Ill try to get some more and the video up here shortly!
The following users liked this post:
miller high life (03-29-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.