Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected >

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Notices

StillCrazy Velocity...Resurrected

Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I am so jealous! The help you are getting is invaluable.
It's a great story. Good luck and thanks for saving another race boat.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jordan and Mike,

Great story, i was living in South Florida in the late 80's. I remember Still Crazy when Steve was building Velocity's in Pompano Beach. Still Crazy was known as the baddest 30 ever built. I think the bottom pad dynamics were supposed to be a little wider than a normal 30, but that could have just been talk...

Velocity's were being sold at Pompano Sport Boats on Federal Highway in Pompano Beach and I remember Still Crazy in the lot along with "Big Red" the 40 Velocity that won the Worlds in Key West. Had the pleasure of a 100+ mph ride in it way back then. I think Mike that owned PSB still has "Big Red" tucked away somewhere in Florida. Perhaps she may rise one day to run along with "Still Crazy" ...

I've owned Velocity's since 1987, PM me your address, and I'll send you a check for $100.00, every little bit helps...

Bruce Dimpflmaier aka/imax
Old 10-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by imax
Jordan and Mike,

Great story, i was living in South Florida in the late 80's. I remember Still Crazy when Steve was building Velocity's in Pompano Beach. Still Crazy was known as the baddest 30 ever built. I think the bottom pad dynamics were supposed to be a little wider than a normal 30, but that could have just been talk...

Velocity's were being sold at Pompano Sport Boats on Federal Highway in Pompano Beach and I remember Still Crazy in the lot along with "Big Red" the 40 Velocity that won the Worlds in Key West. Had the pleasure of a 100+ mph ride in it way back then. I think Mike that owned PSB still has "Big Red" tucked away somewhere in Florida. Perhaps she may rise one day to run along with "Still Crazy" ...

I've owned Velocity's since 1987, PM me your address, and I'll send you a check for $100.00, every little bit helps...

Bruce Dimpflmaier aka/imax

Maddy let me measure Still Crazy when it was in the Twister shop. The pad was about 18" longer and the transition to the pad was more gradual. If you look you will see an additional strake low that feeds the pad. We put these changes in my 30 Velocity and it was an improvement. I was told Smokin had the same changes.
Steve
Old 10-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is absolutely the most awesome and touching thread.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you everyone for such kind words and Bruce and Bill for such generous offers. I'm at the Velocity factory with Steve right now working on the boat and will hopefully post some progress pictures when I get home tomorow.

Thank you all again for the support.
-Jordan
Old 10-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 598 Likes on 243 Posts

Cool Beans Guys . Wish you the best of luck ,can't wait to see you tearing around Naples it.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are some cool pictures of that boat way up and running on the last foot or so of bottom in a speed run back in the 80's, Copeland's event I think.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

This is Mike. I wanted to say thanks for all of the thoughtful comments and unbelievable help that people have offered. I know Jordan mentioned this in the post but this honestly is a a dream come true and we both still can not believe it is all happening. I truly look forward to meeting everyone in the future.... or at least wave to you as StillCrazy rips by with the throttles down!! This is the beginning of an amazing journey and I am happy so many people will be part of it. Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
kpoppa (08-06-2021)
Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Jordan and Mike and can't wait to see STILL CRAZY ripping it up again! Dreams like this are rare and fun to watch unfold!

Thank you for allowing us to share it with you all!

Best of Luck and Regards,
Chris Ward
Old 10-31-2010, 02:30 AM
Registered

Received 598 Likes on 243 Posts

Hey Phuckin Screenname No need to be jealous.

You have been accomplishing some pretty cool feats all by yourself and in a timely manner. And also to have the ambition to document the projects with pics and video and also a very informative website .I Always look forward to your posts ,keep up the hard work.

Soon we will see the Brownie Special Nova running one day which is pretty phuckin special in my book.Thanks to you..So what next after the Nova I know there has got to be some new idea for a project out there?.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.