280 bimini >

280 bimini

Notices

280 bimini

Old 12-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 280 bimini

this place is dead, need to wake it up a little.

Not really thrilled about the idea of drilling holes, but the anchor shade doesn't really work for us either, so I need to install a bimini.

Was curious if anyone has one installed one on their velocity, and if so if you have pictures of the mounts?

This is not only for shade, but I will fab up some side, front, and rear windows for rain, and bad weather when we overnight.

It will store in the engie comparment, I have plenty of room in there, and I'm not worried about using it while running either, mainly used for when we are anchored out.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Cabin,

I should be going out on mine later this week and I'll take a few pictures of what I had made for ours.

Rick
Old 12-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Anxious to see Rick. We overnight almost everytime we go out and been thinking about canvas too.

Tired of sleeping under the cockpit cover...
Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm working on that for my boat too--I want to create a greenhouse effect to extend my boating season into cooler weather, as well as have a rain cover and sun shade. I ordered an 8 ft long bimini that comes with both vertical and horzontal mounts for the main poles. The width fits just inside of the cockpit. I'm going to try to use the vertical mounts and attach them onto the interior viniyl upholstry sides. Then, I want to make clear side curtains all-around like you mentioned...
Old 12-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Suntimes- I'd recommend using a solid mounting surface, use good stainless hardware and thru-bolt using backing plates not just washers whether your mount on the top of or sides of panels.

A Bimini was a great addition - really appreciated it with all of our no wake zones especially in August. The only downside we have noticed is that when the top is open or even closed up in the boot but in the upright position entry from the dock into the boat is a little more challenging. Our Bimini stretches from about 12" forward of the instrument panel to about 12" past the rear seat headrests so a smaller top may be less challenging.

Unless the weather forecast changes I should be able to take some pictures on Thursday or Friday.
Rick
Old 12-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Suntimes- I'd recommend using a solid mounting surface, use good stainless hardware and thru-bolt using backing plates not just washers whether your mount on the top of or sides of panels.

A Bimini was a great addition - really appreciated it with all of our no wake zones especially in August. The only downside we have noticed is that when the top is open or even closed up in the boot but in the upright position entry from the dock into the boat is a little more challenging. Our Bimini stretches from about 12" forward of the instrument panel to about 12" past the rear seat headrests so a smaller top may be less challenging.

Unless the weather forecast changes I should be able to take some pictures on Thursday or Friday.
Rick
Sounds good! I definitely will be doing a solid job with good thru-bolt hardware because I want it to last. Looking forward to seeing how yours is done. Here is a pic of something like I am hoping to do (but with several changes)
Attached Thumbnails 280 bimini-vel290convtop.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Camper Top

I bought this wind screen and top from a fellow 3 years ago and still have not installed it on my boat.
I've been using the anchor shade so far...
Attached Thumbnails 280 bimini-boat-camper.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered

i don't have a windshield, or windscreen.

some day when I have the funds, I'd like to get a windscreen though.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Thanks for the pics.

It will probably be a little while yet, before I go for the windshield. How much would you take for it, and why are you selling it?

I can't decide if i would rather have the windshield or the windscreen.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

wow, gotta love the ib mod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.