Opinions Needed >

Opinions Needed

Notices

Opinions Needed

Old 10-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Opinions Needed

Have a Velocity 260 as pictured below. It is solid white. Interior is carbon fiber silver, Grey, and red. All gauge bezels, steering wheel,
cup holders, and grab rails are powder coated candy red. The stock fiberglass swim platform was damaged when I tore off a trim tab a
few weeks back. Well I have decided this is a good time to replace the platform with a tubular one. So I am undecided as to what color
I should do on the new platform..... Should I have it powder coated white to match the hull or should I have it coated Candy Red to match the
accent pieces inside of the boat? Help from my fellow Velocity owners is greatly appreciated. Also once the new platform is done, it may be
going up for sale...... If you guys know anyone looking for a one of a kind Velocity 260.......

When I post pics, it makes the thread super wide, any ideas why??

Last edited by low_psi; 10-05-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'll vote for white powder coat if they can get it close enough to the hull color. Two reasons; first being that it will blend in and look like part of the boat instead of something mis-matched, second is that I think the swim platform is way too big to be an accent.

Just my two cents worth,
Rick
Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

White (for reasons stated above) or Silver. Silver would follow the theme from the grab rails and bolsters.

If you want color maybe add some vinyl graphics on the side. Both of my V's have vinyl stripes. Clean easy low cost.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicious22
White (for reasons stated above) or Silver. Silver would follow the theme from the grab rails and bolsters.

If you want color maybe add some vinyl graphics on the side. Both of my V's have vinyl stripes. Clean easy low cost.
I kinda like the thought of silver too. Match the grab rail and bolster frames. White is nice, but it shows everything, and if it doesn't quite match the hull white, it might look a bit off...
Old 10-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered

I have posted the original swim platform for sale in the swap shop... It has some damage but is certainly repairable. Make an offer..
Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll vote for white too.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
I kinda like the thought of silver too. Match the grab rail and bolster frames. White is nice, but it shows everything, and if it doesn't quite match the hull white, it might look a bit off...
agreed , silve would be my pick
Old 10-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I would go white.
Even if the color is a little too white the exhaust and dirty water will make it off white to match the boat. It would look better to blend in and not be noticed than stand out.
Old 10-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Vicious22
No Graphics..... That's what makes my boat stand out. Not many Solid White Velocity's out there (I know there are some, but a whole lot less than with graphics). The all white hull keeps it understated, until you get in it. What most boats have in wild graphics, I saved for the interior. My WOW factor is the Carbon Fiber Silver/Grey/Red Interior...

I am leaning toward white. I have Gel Coat Samples I can send to the Powdercoater so they can match the platform to the boat. I kept the 2 cutouts from the transom speaker install. So I will send those to the builder of the platform (still haven't decided who will make platform).

The boat actually looks really cool without the platform. But we use the platform when boarding the boat at the beach, so a platform is a must.