Steve & Kenny at the Factory...

Notices

Steve & Kenny at the Factory...

Old 10-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Steve & Kenny at the Factory...

I know it's been said before, but I thought I would say it again. The guys at Velocity are first class!!!

I bought a 1990 Regal Velocity 30' out of Long Island, NY and Kenny offered to have me have the boat dropped off at the factory for them to put their eyes on it.

Sure enough, the boat got here this morning, and both Kenny and Steve were all over it. By the time I got there, they had already a list of suggestions on how to get it reasy to run and setup to the max.

Even got to BS with Steve for about 15-20 minutes, about Allisons, running the Still Crazy boat back in the 80's and even scaring the crap out of the Mercury Prop engineer when Steve suggested to him that he could add a little cup to a $5000 prop with a hammer...

Great morning.

Thanks guys!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Awesome stuff Jeff.

Originally Posted by ziemer
I know it's been said before, but I thought I would say it again. The guys at Velocity are first class!!!

I bought a 1990 Regal Velocity 30' out of Long Island, NY and Kenny offered to have me have the boat dropped off at the factory for them to put their eyes on it.

Sure enough, the boat got here this morning, and both Kenny and Steve were all over it. By the time I got there, they had already a list of suggestions on how to get it reasy to run and setup to the max.

Even got to BS with Steve for about 15-20 minutes, about Allisons, running the Still Crazy boat back in the 80's and even scaring the crap out of the Mercury Prop engineer when Steve suggested to him that he could add a little cup to a $5000 prop with a hammer...

Great morning.

Thanks guys!
That visit is on my bucket list. Met and BS'd w/both of them at the Miami show a while back.
Although Steve did laugh in my face when I told him I was adding a pad to the Sonic and extending the strakes
Do you know if they still have the molds to your boat??

Awesome stuff Jeff.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 10-11-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Do you know if they still have the molds to your boat??

Awesome stuff Jeff.
From what I understand, the new 322 and SUB 30's are off my hull (the original 30), whereas the older 320's were a cut down 41.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
From what I understand, the new 322 and SUB 30's are off my hull (the original 30), whereas the older 320's were a cut down 41.
you are right , i was there when Steve had a original 30 up side down cleaning it up and getting ready to pull a mold off of it , my bet the new bottom is even strighter and sharper then the old ones.

Last edited by mikes280; 10-11-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Boat ran great yesterday. I'm sure we did every bit of 50 miles. With 4 adults, and almost 3/4 tank of fuel, it ran 74... I think with a better set of wheels it'll run even better.

Here's a pic at a local bar. :thumbsup:

Old 10-17-2011, 08:59 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks great Jeff... congrats!
Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

The greatest thing about the Velocity is that you can really feel the boat climb up on the pad and excellerate once the hull frees up!! I loved both my 22 Velocity o/b and Regal 230 Velocity/454 Mag. Both were great boats!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Congrats on the new boat. Great boats and great people making them.