Notices

Pics of the New Boat...

Old 02-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tsp
Hey Ziemer,
Boat looks good. How do you like the Velocity compared to your Pantera?
There is a Velocity 30 for sale near me and I was thinking that it would be a good "stepp" up.
So far love it! It is a much bigger cockpit and a much bigger boat overall. It feels a little less solid, but it's a cored boat with a pad, so it will ride a little different than the 24. Still getting it dialed in and getting used to it. Only been out a few times.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice ride....What lake do you live on? Center?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gmhdfan
Nice ride....What lake do you live on? Center?
Yep. I take it you've seen it in the front yard???

Will it be there when I get home today???
Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

No just recognized the neighborhood when you posted pics of the pantera 4 sale. I have freinds that live on & off Eden....I remember when they didn't even have house's on that lake just a couple trailers here & there. Bought a SS Nova from someone that lived out there than. My wife wouldn't get out of the car, the moscitos would eat you alive even during the day! Did they remove the tree from the canel yet? I was over my freinds house a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe how high the water was still. Spoke with a lady from the SFWM @ the Mecum show and see told me they don't have control of that lake although they do on some of the other lakes on the chain.....makes no sence but when does the goverment. Sharp boat enjoy...it's a little bit of a learning curve to get it up and running on the pad. I would take it up to Sanford have Steve run it for you
Old 02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice pics. How did we miss each other again?!? I never saw you...
That was a great day! We left the stop a bit early and stopped halfway back at the Seafood Shack at Cortez Bridge and watched alot go by. I was loading at sunset and would have thought we'd have seen you.
Maybe next time!
Mark
Old 02-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Did they remove the tree from the canel yet? I was over my freinds house a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe how high the water was still. Spoke with a lady from the SFWM @ the Mecum show and see told me they don't have control of that lake although they do on some of the other lakes on the chain.....makes no sence but when does the goverment. Sharp boat enjoy...it's a little bit of a learning curve to get it up and running on the pad. I would take it up to Sanford have Steve run it for you
Yep. Tree is gone. SFWM didn't accept any responsibility for it. We were able to get some action with several letters to the County Comission though. We're the 2nd to last house on the left on Eden, and we've been out here since 05.

Have spoke to both Kenny and Steve several times now, but driving it hasn't been a problem so far. Since all it is really is an overgrown Allison (which I've been behind the wheel of for several years) the driving has been a cinch.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Underdog88
Nice pics. How did we miss each other again?!? I never saw you...
That was a great day! We left the stop a bit early and stopped halfway back at the Seafood Shack at Cortez Bridge and watched alot go by. I was loading at sunset and would have thought we'd have seen you.
Maybe next time!
Mark
Mark, we came from the St Pete side so we didn't come from the same direction. I saw you guys come in behind us, and by the time I got down to the dock, y'all had already pulled out. We were on the opposite side from where you parked. One of these times.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ziemer
Yep. Tree is gone. SFWM didn't accept any responsibility for it. We were able to get some action with several letters to the County Comission though. We're the 2nd to last house on the left on Eden, and we've been out here since 05.

Have spoke to both Kenny and Steve several times now, but driving it hasn't been a problem so far. Since all it is really is an overgrown Allison (which I've been behind the wheel of for several years) the driving has been a cinch.
OK, thats why I have never seen your boat...my buddy lives right before the canel. And I never go any farther down then that..he has the black SSR...Steve & Kenny are good people....
Old 02-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

OK, thats why I have never seen your boat...my buddy lives right before the canel. And I never go any farther down then that..he has the black SSR...Steve & Kenny are good people....
That's Boone dog's house!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ziemer
That's Boone dog's house!
Yes it is.....I'm sure Jimbo will be happy to know his dog is more popular & smarter than he is...lol