Velocity Boats in Michigan >

Velocity Boats in Michigan

Notices

Velocity Boats in Michigan

Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity Boats in Michigan

Who's up there? I think I'm going to plan a V fest in Traverse City next summer. I think I could coax some the Chesapeake Bay V's to take a ride.

Could be Good

What do you think?
Old 07-27-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I'm in the Cheboygan area, Mackinaw Straits mostly and the Inland Waterway. I here there are a few Velocities at Torch Lake. Let's do Mackinac Island, they play taps and revelry at dusk and dawn at the Fort, new facilities. You just have to book way in advance to get a slip. The sun setting over the bridge is a beautiful sight by boat.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Registered

Traverse City Would be an excellent choice Yeah!.....I'm In
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Traverse city is a great choice. The bay is huge but small enough to be protected if its windy. When its Calm out its not a long ride to visit Charlevoix, elk rapids, suttons bay, northport, beaver island, or even mackinaw! Hope you make it here.

Mick will join also. He has a 2005 41 Velocity with 625 Ilmors out of Bay city but boats up here most of the summer!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

Well I think Im going to get start setting this up. I think the 1st weekend in August. But we have to stay clear of the Cherry Festival. I know a few guys that are pretty good at setting these things up. I'm thinking start in TC then to Charlavouix Then to Mack. for the overnight. then run back.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

cherry fest is early july. so 1st week in august is a good option. Depending on weather and waves you might only make it to northport, elk rapids, etc. (with the bays protecting) but there are plenty of days where the lake is calm.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
cherry fest is early july. so 1st week in august is a good option. Depending on weather and waves you might only make it to northport, elk rapids, etc. (with the bays protecting) but there are plenty of days where the lake is calm.
Good piont....I've been on the big lake in 6' seas and the next day it was glass you could ski on for 10 miles. But I will say that the big lake has rhythm. You get down here on the Chesapeake it gets big and confused.