So I call Velocity..... >

So I call Velocity.....

Notices

So I call Velocity.....

Old 08-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts
Thumbs up So I call Velocity.....

I called the Velocity factory today, I asked for someone on the shop floor who could give me advise on where to locate a through hull drain for a accon pop up cleat in the bow compartment. The girl says sure, the phone rings and a guy answers, " Steve".

Yep, Steve Stepp himself. Gotta love Velocity. Over the years I have called with questions or problems and everyone is great and Steve is accessible and great to talk with. A while back I had a prop problem and was helped by Kenny.

I don't know when I will get a new boat but I am sure it will be a Velocity. A great boat and a great company!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Padraig
I called the Velocity factory today, I asked for someone on the shop floor who could give me advise on where to locate a through hull drain for a accon pop up cleat in the bow compartment. The girl says sure, the phone rings and a guy answers, " Steve".

Yep, Steve Stepp himself. Gotta love Velocity. Over the years I have called with questions or problems and everyone is great and Steve is accessible and great to talk with. A while back I had a prop problem and was helped by Kenny.

I don't know when I will get a new boat but I am sure it will be a Velocity. A great boat and a great company!
Great to hear, hey off the subject but if you know anyone looking for work Matco's tool box plant is looking for people. Just thought I would pass it on.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Registered

Thanks, I know they (Matco) have been very busy after being slow for the last couple of years. Hope that means the economy is coming back.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep i talk to Steve often and he is always willing to help with any questions i have , Kenny is also .
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes280
yep i talk to Steve often and he is always willing to help with any questions i have , Kenny is also .
Yep! I have the luxury of living close to the factory, and anytime I have a question Steve or Kenny are always willing to help out and assist.

They run a first class shop over there, and it seems to pay off. The last few times I've been over there, Kenny has been running around like crazy and they're busy selling/building boats!
Old 08-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

Same here, I live in Naples, love being able to talk to the guy that designed my boat or drag it up to the factory and have them maintain it..... there is a 39 in my future!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

I always would read the posts from some of the Fountain folks complaining about no one returning calls and think....they should have bought a Velocity.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered

I had an 88 velocity. They didn't even build the boat. When I had a question, they treated me like I bought the boat from them. They have a genuine interest in their boat design as well as the people that like boats. When the oppertunity came, a friend and I bought a new 22 Velocity from them. I have thoroughly enjoyed the process of buying the boat and haveing trouble free fun on it. I would love to buy another one, but there is nothing wrong with this one, so the only thing I can do is reccomend them.

John
Old 08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jdcorbitt3
I had an 88 velocity. They didn't even build the boat. When I had a question, they treated me like I bought the boat from them. They have a genuine interest in their boat design as well as the people that like boats. When the oppertunity came, a friend and I bought a new 22 Velocity from them. I have thoroughly enjoyed the process of buying the boat and haveing trouble free fun on it. I would love to buy another one, but there is nothing wrong with this one, so the only thing I can do is reccomend them.

John
LOL I had the same experience! My first Velocity was a 89 used Regal Velocity. I called up Velocity told them what I had and that I knew Velocity were no being made by Regal but had some questions. Sure enough, Steve came on the line and we talked for quite a while and he answerd all my questions.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Yup, Steve is a hands on guy. I've worked at numerous boat shows and always saw Steve in the Velocity booth. When I bought my 1988 Regal Velocity, Steve was there to answer questions and helped after the sale! He also helped bring the "Still Crazy" race boat back to life!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.