Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any recommendations where to buy a 280 FULL cover? >

Any recommendations where to buy a 280 FULL cover?

Notices

Any recommendations where to buy a 280 FULL cover?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Any recommendations where to buy a 280 FULL cover?

I want to purchase a full cover for my 280. Unfortunately the guy that does my full custom covers is no longer in business. I wanted to see if any 280 owner has bought a semi-custom full cover that they are happy with? I'm looking for something that covers to perhaps 1 foot under the rub rail. Please let me know where you a bought it and post a picture if you have one. Alternately if you can recommend a custom canvas shop in the Eastern PA,NJ, DE area that's reasonably priced (it's amazing how pricing can vary!) - I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested in this cover as well
Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 110 Posts

I asked the same question here http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...280-cover.html

The picture in the thread is not mine. That boat has the lower wind screen. Mine had the higher wind screen. The cover doesn't go quite as low with the higher screen on it but covers it well imo. I bought the cover under the sumbrella and am happy with it after a summers use. If you would like to see what it looks like with the higher screen on it I should have some pictures on my computer I'll have to dig up. I think I also have the receipt still and can get the part number if you need it.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I would think Velocity would make you one. Shipping may be expensive though.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 181 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Revd Up View Post
I would think Velocity would make you one. Shipping may be expensive though.
I called Velocity several times asking for a quote on a custom cover. After many attempts I was advised to just get a semi fit cover like in my thread. It was a fraction of the cost I'm sure.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The picture in that thread is mine, it's of the 290 SC and it has the higher wind screen.

Originally Posted by underpsi68 View Post
I asked the same question here http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/v...280-cover.html

The picture in the thread is not mine. That boat has the lower wind screen. Mine had the higher wind screen. The cover doesn't go quite as low with the higher screen on it but covers it well imo. I bought the cover under the sumbrella and am happy with it after a summers use. If you would like to see what it looks like with the higher screen on it I should have some pictures on my computer I'll have to dig up. I think I also have the receipt still and can get the part number if you need it.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 230 Likes on 143 Posts

I purchased a cover online from Carver for under $300, that fits fairly well. It came with a full compliment of tie down straps which hold it in place perfectly while towing. I've had it for 4 years and it's still like new. It's also water proof, keeps me dry in down pours. I have a custom cockpit cover that I don't ever use now, because this keeps the whole boat covered and dust free.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info and your cover sounds ideal. What material did you use?
Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin View Post
I purchased a cover online from Carver for under $300, that fits fairly well. It came with a full compliment of tie down straps which hold it in place perfectly while towing. I've had it for 4 years and it's still like new. It's also water proof, keeps me dry in down pours. I have a custom cockpit cover that I don't ever use now, because this keeps the whole boat covered and dust free.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 230 Likes on 143 Posts

It's a heavy Nylon, like I said I tow with it on and it hasn't shown any signs of fraying or wear. Just Google Carver boat covers, there are number of places that carry them.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Registered

Good info. I checked out the Carver Cover website and it looks like they have 3 "superior" quality fabrics - Sunbrella (I know it well), Sun-DURA (lighter weight) and Performance Poly-Guard. Do you remember which one you used? Also it doesn't look like they list the 280 as a customer choice - did you order the standard "Performance Boat" 27'6" cover? Thanks

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin View Post
It's a heavy Nylon, like I said I tow with it on and it hasn't shown any signs of fraying or wear. Just Google Carver boat covers, there are number of places that carry them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.