Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
New Member-New Boat/2003 Velocity 260 >

New Member-New Boat/2003 Velocity 260

Notices

New Member-New Boat/2003 Velocity 260

Old 10-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I don't think Kenny sleeps. Although he did go on a vacation.

Padraig
Old 10-17-2015, 09:24 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and welcome.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:57 AM
Registered

Thanks again everyone. As winter is fast approaching here, hoping to get it out this week one time before the winter layup. Winter layup to me is play time to start making stuff for the boat. I have the boat here at the house in my huge heated garage along with my machine shop, vert. mill, engine lathe, bandsaw, 20T brake press, every hand tool known to man, Tig & Mig welders, 2 stage 80 gal compressor and the list goes on. I've already started milling a trim backing plate for the rear boarding handle to cover some chipping around the handle where it bolts up, pic attached. New boarding ladder ordered to replace the 2 step with a 3 step. Radio relocation in progress to outside the cuddy in the cockpit, adding 2 subs w/amp. and possibly a new class D Alpine Amp., it also needs a serious wiring clean up as the last owner was not to neat in his wiring skills. Detailed LED lighting throughout. Two 100W underwater LED's w/2x lens magnifiers transom mounted and 4 20W LED's under the swim platform......."BLING-BLING"

Machined billet trim plate waiting on powder coat:

It just makes it in the garage. And there is something to be said for having your baby right outside your door...............:

Old 10-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Registered

Nice looking boat. I saw it on Grand Sports website. Hopefully its as nice as the pictures they had up there.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cabin fever
Nice looking boat. I saw it on Grand Sports website. Hopefully its as nice as the pictures they had up there.

Thank you, it needs allot of TLC and a good cleaning.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:23 AM
Registered

On the side decal I've decide to create my own version. Since the boat is white and the accent colors are Yellow & purple I thought I'd incorporate those colors into the decal as well as the Velocity "V", just need to figure out best size to make them:

Old 10-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Registered

This was the final draft on the side decals, they should arrive today: The Purple has a color fade in it, almost looks 3D, I had a set made for my last boat that was also purple and white, they turned out great.

Last edited by 90profx; 10-23-2015 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:08 AM
Registered

As a side note/question:

Transom soot, whats the deal on that. Is it the swim platform or just overly rich, that stuff was all over the rear of the boat, it wipes off easy on the transom using a cleaner, but hell to get off the white rub rail.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:32 AM
Registered

Any paste wax takes it right off the rubber and all surfaces. Yes soot on the transom... I have the 500efi engine with a super charger on my set up. The soot thing was bothering me so much that I had the charger removed, thinking the charger was the culprit. Well it slowed down a little (soot). I had the fuel pressure checked and reset to 41lbs and it still creates soot. I've notice that if you run it hard, little or no soot accumutes after every a run. If you idle a lot, you will clean it every time you use the boat.. Hope this helps..
Old 10-23-2015, 06:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fred Man
Any paste wax takes it right off the rubber and all surfaces. Yes soot on the transom... I have the 500efi engine with a super charger on my set up. The soot thing was bothering me so much that I had the charger removed, thinking the charger was the culprit. Well it slowed down a little (soot). I had the fuel pressure checked and reset to 41lbs and it still creates soot. I've notice that if you run it hard, little or no soot accumutes after every a run. If you idle a lot, you will clean it every time you use the boat.. Hope this helps..
Thanks Fred, kinda what I thought..............something I'll just have to live with............or maybe I should have bought a black boat.....:-)

Thank you.

Last edited by 90profx; 10-23-2015 at 06:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.