Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Velocity
Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ???? >

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Notices

Any Velocity 260 Owners Interested In Mod's ????

Old 10-14-2018, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the update I never thought I'd have to post.................

It's been awhile since I've posted and there's a reason for that...............The boat is going up for sale spring of 2019. Recent injury this summer forces me to switch hobbies where climbing up & down/in & out while being a contortionist once I get there even doing simple upkeep/cleaning/maintenance has become very difficult and extremely painful. It is with great regret that I have to do this as I do love boating and this boat. Doctor pretty much said this is the way life is gonna be from here on out without major surgery and no guarantees that surgery will help. So at 72, I'm get'n to old for this crap and heal time gets longer with age as we all know................:sad:

Thanks for everybody's help along the way........................
Gary
Old 10-14-2018, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope everything will work out for you. I will miss your information and attention to details I own a 25 baja outlaw and recently purchased 29 fountain. The information that you post I will use them in my boats. Thank you.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Awww, Gary, so sorry to hear this. I am turning 70 soon so totaly understand and sympathize. Best of luck and hope the medical folks come up with a better solution.

Padraig
Old 10-14-2018, 07:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blaquebaja
I hope everything will work out for you. I will miss your information and attention to details I own a 25 baja outlaw and recently purchased 29 fountain. The information that you post I will use them in my boats. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Padraig
Awww, Gary, so sorry to hear this. I am turning 70 soon so totaly understand and sympathize. Best of luck and hope the medical folks come up with a better solution.

Padraig
Gentlemen, thank you for your kind words. Life sometimes throws you a curve ball but the key is to compensate for it, that's what I plan to do eventually health permitting. I may get back in to boating, but it will definately be on a smaller scale (STV River Rocket O/B Type Boat). I'll just have to bide my time and see how things workout.
Regards,
Gary
Old 12-24-2018, 02:29 PM
Registered

Happy holidays to you and your family. Just checking in on you. Hope to hear from you soon with some new post about boats or life. Thanks Ken!
Old 12-25-2018, 05:38 AM
Registered

Thank you...............Happy holidays to you and your family as well.
Old 01-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 90profx
Here's the update I never thought I'd have to post.................

It's been awhile since I've posted and there's a reason for that...............The boat is going up for sale spring of 2019. Recent injury this summer forces me to switch hobbies where climbing up & down/in & out while being a contortionist once I get there even doing simple upkeep/cleaning/maintenance has become very difficult and extremely painful. It is with great regret that I have to do this as I do love boating and this boat. Doctor pretty much said this is the way life is gonna be from here on out without major surgery and no guarantees that surgery will help. So at 72, I'm get'n to old for this crap and heal time gets longer with age as we all know................:sad:

Thanks for everybody's help along the way........................
Gary
Gary, sorry to hear. I do enjoy reading about your upgrades and have appreciated the information and ideas you have given us. How is the upgraded SeaStar steering working?
Old 01-05-2019, 03:01 PM
Registered

Thanks so much for the kind words. As for the Sea Star Steering, couldn't be happier with it. Tight positive steering, easy to install and "ALLOT" cheaper than a transom mounted unit. I'd highly recommend it to any boater thinking of going to Hyd. Steering.

Happy New Year to you as well......................
Old 04-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 90profx
Those decals are like 3D because they have height/depth. They look, classy.......... real nice.
where did you find these?
Old 11-25-2019, 07:12 AM
Registered

Happy thanksgiving 🦃 . Hope all is well.