storage space? >

storage space?

Notices

storage space?

Old 03-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storage space?

So I have owned this 93 T-bred for a week now swapping stuff over from the old boat, fenders life jackets coast guard kit all the usual stuff, and this boat has NO storage just the two small boxes in the cabin and one has a porta potty in it, has anyone ever cut a hole in the space under the v-birth? it all looks like wasted space that could be storage to me, same with under the two lounges in the cabin, they are just wasted space. Are they foam filled?
Old 03-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't have the dimensions available but there is indeed an access panel in my 280 v-berth platform. As I recall it's an industry standard, vented, plastic piece that drops in and is held in place by an underneath mounted, retainer trim piece. I'm sure Kenny H. can help source this. My boat has a pretty large storage locker (with hanger bar) on the port side and the 2 small boxes on the starboard. I use the space under the rear seat for fenders and the anchor. My 390 (and previous 320) had storage space under the cabin lounge cushions but my 280 does not. The bigger boats also had storage behind the small bulkhead between the v-berth and the bow. I suspect your boat was set-up for minimum weight/maximum speed and those of us fortunate enough to have spent time with Steve, know that he was very happy to oblige!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:08 PM
Registered

seems to be the case, very minimal cabin, boat is supposed to weigh 4400 lbs i stopped and weighed the boat and trailer at the scales on the way home when i bought it a few days ago and the pair together only weighted 5700lbs i think im going add some storage space this weekend with the help of my buddy mr, jigsaw
Old 03-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

What do you need to store? Remember.....if there is a storage area....the wife / girlfriend will fill it with stuff and your boat will go slower.

Padraig
Old 03-19-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

just trying to find someplace to store the life jackets i have always stored them under the v birth on every boat, i went to put them away on this boat and surprise no storage lol