Handling Question on a Velocity 260/496 MAG/Bravo 1X >

Handling Question on a Velocity 260/496 MAG/Bravo 1X

Notices

Handling Question on a Velocity 260/496 MAG/Bravo 1X

Old 10-12-2016, 04:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Hope you take this in a positive way- I ran my Velocity for a couple months and thought I had it figured out. I went for a ride with Kenny from Velocity and within 20 minutes I added 10 plus mph and a much better feel for it. Before spending money on more props I'd find find someone with Velocity seat time to run your boat. I've been boating 30 years but the s was my first pad boat.
Your absolutely right........."SEAT TIME/EXPERIENCE" is so very important when it comes to this hull. When I go to the lake next year I'll call in a favor of a buddy down there with a Velocity for some hands on lessons. I've stopped buying any props, last one I bought was basicly for use as a spare. Here's his Velocity, this boat fly's:

Last edited by 90profx; 10-12-2016 at 04:23 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 90profx
Mine starts (dependant on water conditions) smooth water 60'ish MPH (doesn't do it everytime, just once in awhile), rough water 55'ish (all the time).
My 280 tended to chine walk earlier and worse in flat water. Get some good chop and it mostly went away.

Padraig
Old 10-12-2016, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
My 280 tended to chine walk earlier and worse in flat water. Get some good chop and it mostly went away.

Padraig
If only it were than easy, to be able to select water conditions, I'd sign up for that one . I've pretty much balanced out the boat by moving storage stuff around, relocating one of my 3 batteries to the drivers side as they were all on one side when I bought it and it showed sitting at rest and leaning underway.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if there is there a significant difference in hull designs between the VR-1/290SC and the 280's? My 290SC does not have hydraulic steering and it is rock steady at 70mph.