Velocity meet up >

Velocity meet up

Notices

Velocity meet up

Old 05-13-2017, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Velocity meet up

So all I ever hear about is guys having donzi, nortic, fountain and other makes fun runs and meets. Doesn't even have to be a huge organized meet. Just some guys and the Velocity's on a cruise and stop for some good food and some "few" beers. I was thinking Hudson River? Usually nice area up north to get some good food and have a nice run. So what's all the velocity owners think?? I'd have to travel from PA but would totally be okay with other suggestions.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Depending on date I would be interested
Padraig
Old 05-14-2017, 09:08 AM
Registered

The Sacandaga Fun Run is June 17 there are about 8 local that run the lake and a few 22'-23's also, maybe you guys come up for the run and stay over and have a Velocity day on Sunday
Old 05-14-2017, 12:15 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Lake George NY in early Sept ? or when the trees change colors ?
Old 05-14-2017, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 119 Likes on 81 Posts

I'm interested depending on dates. My work schedule is decided roughly a month ahead of time.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 415 Likes on 244 Posts

I would be interested depending on the date.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Registered

Well what works with everyone?? Lake George ? Saturday and a Sunday?
Old 05-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

For what it's worth, my advice is to leverage already organized Fun Runs (i.e. Lake Sacandaga) or Poker Runs (the Battleship Run on Seneca Lake) for multiple Velocity get together options. If someone is going to travel 100+ miles to attend, a nicely organized weekend event makes the trip a lot more worthwhile. You'll also see better attendance as there will already be Velocities attending - which definitely attracts more owners. Having organized the "Velocity-only" Velocity Fest runs in MD and in FL 10+ years ago, I know there's a large amount of local leg work, planning and outreach to get a decent number of folks to attend and more importantly, to ultimately have a great day on and off the water together. Unfortunately, I don't think a Velocity Fest is very feasible these days. Wish this wasn't the case.

It might be interesting for us to list our 2017 fun run / poker run schedules and connect things up from there?
Old 05-16-2017, 01:20 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with piggybacking a fun run as Revelocity stated... I would stay away from Lake George as the majority on the lake do not seem to appreciate "performance" boats any longer....not to mention the local water police( noise & speed restrictions).... the Sacandaga Fun Run is a great event but it is limited to one day... doesn't mean you can't stay the weekend.... you'll meet a good group of boaters I'm sure....
Old 05-16-2017, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelocity
For what it's worth, my advice is to leverage already organized Fun Runs (i.e. Lake Sacandaga) or Poker Runs (the Battleship Run on Seneca Lake) for multiple Velocity get together options. If someone is going to travel 100+ miles to attend, a nicely organized weekend event makes the trip a lot more worthwhile. You'll also see better attendance as there will already be Velocities attending - which definitely attracts more owners. Having organized the "Velocity-only" Velocity Fest runs in MD and in FL 10+ years ago, I know there's a large amount of local leg work, planning and outreach to get a decent number of folks to attend and more importantly, to ultimately have a great day on and off the water together. Unfortunately, I don't think a Velocity Fest is very feasible these days. Wish this wasn't the case.

It might be interesting for us to list our 2017 fun run / poker run schedules and connect things up from there?
Good idea. I will start. We will be at the following Poker Runs.

1. Battleship Run at Seneca Lake NY, July 15&16
2. Buffalo NY Poker Run August 11&12

Padraig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.