New problem with head >

New problem with head

Notices

New problem with head

Old 10-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by veloc410
#1 The outer diameter of the valve guide bushing get shaved by the hole when it was pressed in. Removing some material needed for a proper press fit #2 They should be using loctite in the hole when they press it in #3 The guide bushing got cracked while it was pressing in. After a few heat cycles the crack shifted, it acted like a collet it and grabbed the valve stem holding it open long enough for the rocker arm to come off of the push rod. I don't think there's any major damage done because the valve looks OK looking at it from the exhaust port it may be bent but nothing serious . Point is I still had to take my engine out of a dam boat I'm pissed off . Poor worksmanship. How do I trust that place again. I'm sure they will fix it for free but who wants to have the same issue again I'm still wondering if I'm going to have any problems with my other guides .
This the same place that told you that your guides were junk in the EQ heads, and you needed new guides and seats? Sounds like you need to find a new cylinder head shop.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
This the same place that told you that your guides were junk in the EQ heads, and you needed new guides and seats? Sounds like you need to find a new cylinder head shop.
Lol the **** doesn't stop. I'm sure they will fix it for free but not going back. That could have been catastrophic. I'm not real happy. Hopefully guide hole dia. is not worn I don't know how long it was moving. Hopefully it just came out. It definitely wasn't pressed in properly or care wasn't taken before hand. You could see by eye the guide ID was not concentric to guide OD. That was very clear and easy to spot

Last edited by veloc410; 10-18-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be using Gor Den racing engines from now on. They are very meticulous there