Water In Cuddy >

Water In Cuddy

Notices

Water In Cuddy

Old 09-12-2018, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water In Cuddy

Hey Group - I'm a relatively new owner of an 05 280 and absolutely love this boat!

I live in the Panhandle of Florida... you guys know the Florida rains. I keep getting a fairly significant amount of water collecting in the floor of the cuddy. The boat sits on the trailer, the bow is up and all water drains very well from under the floors through to the transom drain. It has a cockpit cover, but it don't know that it keeps much water out of the cockpit area.

I'm at a loss for how it's getting in. I thought it might be the vent in the ceiling of the cuddy, but that's well sealed. I don't see any run or drip marks inside on the walls or ceiling that would indicate and obvious leak. The rest of the interior is completely dry so the obvious would be it's coming from beneath the floor.

Am I missing something... any thoughts?

Last edited by bmarinaccio; 09-12-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Check to see if it coming in through the bow light or cleat. Are they pop up Style?

Padraig
Old 09-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about that... the cleat is fixed. I'll remove, clean and reseal them. I was actually just inside the cuddy cleaning up the mess and it almost looks like it could be condensation which is just collecting on the floor. I usually run a dehumidifier in there and haven't for the past few weeks. Just a lot of water for condensation.

Thanks Padraig!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

I'd suggest running a bead of clear silicon around the outside hatch edge and the front deck - I've had water drip in from there before. Is the storage area floor under the v-berth wet? Do you have a drain hole in the bulkhead as you step into the cabin? Try temporary plugging it to see if water may be draining in that way due to potential blockage under cockpit somewhere. Or just buy a full cover to better keep the water out!
Old 09-19-2018, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was leaking from seal under hatch. Flexible seal got relaxed. Dripped water on floor, wet carpet. Like that when I bought it. The seal has a lip on it that wasnt making good contact to hatch
Old 09-19-2018, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I like the carpet, I think I'm going to remove just the floor section for coin mat with design cut into it or just match the carpet. The swimmers, myself included are always going in dripping water on floor anyway
Old 09-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

If none of the above work out look at how the boat is sitting on the trailer/rack. I had that happen on a rack at a new to me marina. While the it looked like their was enough pitch when looking at the hull we learned that cockpit floor is not parallel to the hull bottom. Any rain that leaked thru cover ran forward on cockpit floor and into cabin. Moved to an inside rack and problem solved for me but maybe check the floor pitch with a level.