swapping power 390s >

swapping power 390s

Notices

swapping power 390s

Old 06-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swapping power 390s

OK, the first boat bought in this power swap, was in August 2018. 2003 year model 390 with Keith Eckert power,side by side motor set up with XR outdrives. When I was looking at this was talking with Kenny ( from Lets Talk Boats and also at Velocity factory for years)about the XRs with this power. Did not take us long to agree XRs not the best drive for the power. So we looked at options for drives and we went with IMCO SCX-4. Also had Bruce from Express Engines check the motors got them running up to their potential. Motors are running great,new Imco's on,took it to the water 98-99 mph not so good. Boat did not handle good at all tried different props, had prop [email protected]%. So we got talking about how the boat ran and handled even reached out to Steve Stepp for his thoughts. We were in a area without much info on side by side motor set up running surface drives, thinking the drives needed to move up. This is a lot of work still not sure what we would have. So I sat still for a few months thinking on the next move.