Let the restoration begin... >

Let the restoration begin...

Notices

Let the restoration begin...

Old 09-09-2022, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Let the restoration begin...

I have started to disassemble my 22 Velocity. The first thing to go was the swim platform. It's a very nice platform, but just too large for the size of my boat. The old Alpha will come off along with that transom assembly and then the holes from all of the prior swim platforms and Pitots will be filled and the transom can be buffed back up. Soon the engine will be pulled and taken over to BES Racing engines. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of AFR 185 CNC heads over the World Products Sportsman 2 heads which are currently on the engine. We are expecting somewhere between 476-500 HP out of the 383 Stroker once Tony works his magic on the little Small Block. The interior will come out and be taken to a local shop that I have worked with before and does very nice work. I've decided to go ahead and paint the white gel coat on the deck and touch up the imron and then cl;ear the whole deck. Everything else buffed up very nice. Rob Jones will be building a Carbon Fiber insert for the dash and then all new Livorsi gauges will be put in place. While everything is out of the boat. We plan on flipping it over and cleaning up the hull which shouldn't take more than a few small patches in the gel coat and then a good buffing. The old Alpha set up will be replaced with a Bravo one set up including a -2 shorty lower. The boat should be very nice once this project is completed, because it's not that bad now.

finish off.
The following 3 users liked this post by Donnie D:
cheech (09-09-2022), rak rua (09-09-2022), V pads (09-11-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Very cool project.

Should be a really nice piece when done.

Im a big fan of Velocities and especially the 22’s.

Expecting low/mid 80’s once dialed?
The following users liked this post:
Donnie D (01-14-2023)
Old 09-09-2022, 07:00 AM
Registered

It's a very nice boat right now so I feel it should be exceptional when completed. I think 80+ is a safe assumption for a top end with the new BES power.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

No doubt will be one of the nicest 22 IO’s around.

Originally Posted by Donnie D
It's a very nice boat right now so I feel it should be exceptional when completed. I think 80+ is a safe assumption for a top end with the new BES power.
The following 2 users liked this post by Twin O/B Sonic:
Donnie D (09-09-2022), SB (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of AFR 185 CNC heads over the World Products Sportsman 2 heads which are currently on the engine. We are expecting somewhere between 476-500 HP out of the 383 Stroker
The cam going in the engine specs are as follows with a 1.6 rocker arm. 576/555 I/E, 271/297 adv dur. and 216/223 @.050. 106/118 centers and a 112 LSA
You are never going to make 500 HP with this cam. BES is REALLY good, but even he can't make HP by magic.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
You are never going to make 500 HP with this cam. BES is REALLY good, but even he can't make HP by magic.
I'm guessing you're a mind reader as well as a master engine builder. From Tony's mouth to my ears. Quote "We should be able to make 475-500 HP out of this little engine" One would think that being that master engiine guru you believe yourself to be. You would know that the same cam used on a set of 200CC as cast intake runner Sportsman 2s Wouldn't be the same as the cam used on a set of AFR 185 CNC heads. Don't you think? I'll make sure to post the Dyno numbers once I have them. Now please add me to your ignore list. I'd certainly appreciate it.

Last edited by Donnie D; 09-09-2022 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:34 PM
Registered

I'm guessing you're a mind reader as well as a master engine builder. From Tony's mouth to my ears. Quote "We should be able to make 475-500 HP out of this little engine" One would think that being that master engiine guru you believe yourself to be. You would know that the same cam used on a set of 200CC as cast intake runner Sportsman 2s Wouldn't be the same as the cam used on a set of AFR 185 CNC heads. Don't you think? I'll make sure to post the Dyno numbers once I have them. Now please add me to your ignore list. I'd certainly appreciate it.
I quoted the EXACT cam that you stated you were going to use. Now you are going to use a different one? Isn't it funny that when I call you out on a piss poor cam choice that it all of a sudden is not the one you are going to use. What, is everything going to change when people who actually know how to build engines tell you how many wrong parts your parts picker got wrong?
Old 09-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Registered

I quoted the EXACT cam that you stated you were going to use. Now you are going to use a different one? Isn't it funny that when I call you out on a piss poor cam choice that it all of a sudden is not the one you are going to use. What, is everything going to change when people who actually know how to build engines tell you how many wrong parts your parts picker got wrong?
LOL...You're a riot. The sad part is that you probably believe the crap you spew. Hey Einstein... I'm also using a different set of heads which dictated the different cam. You're a legend in your own mind. Now please take a hike. Life is full of enough imbeciles without you adding to it.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:48 PM
Registered

LOL...You're a riot. The sad part is that you probably believe the crap you spew. Hey Einstein... I'm also using a different set of heads which dictated the different cam. You're a legend in your own mind. Now please take a hike. Life is full of enough imbeciles without you adding to it.
Gee, no, I didn't know that AFR's were different than world products.
Just because you changed heads doesn't mean you changed the cam.
Your lack of knowledge is what happens when you let a parts salesman tell you how to build something.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:55 PM
Registered

Gee, no, I didn't know that AFR's were different than world products.
Just because you changed heads doesn't mean you changed the cam.
Your lack of knowledge is what happens when you let a parts salesman tell you how to build something.
Yawn....As stated. Nothing is bought until it is ran past Tony Bischoff..."NOTHING" Tony Bischoff picks and chooses what will and what will not go in to the engine...Do you understand the words that are coming from my mouth??? You let your hatred of Chris Straub turn you into to a babbling idiot. You know nothing other than what I have posted. For the record. You and a couple of others are why I pretty much don't bother posting here. You guys absolutely ruin this entire site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.