trs bw c72 yoke assm - shaft >

trs bw c72 yoke assm - shaft

Notices

trs bw c72 yoke assm - shaft

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts
Default trs bw c72 yoke assm - shaft

I recently or am in the process of doing a conversion from the old MercTrans to bw c72's and am in need of to shafts. I'm pretty sure the splines are different but not sure about the length of what I currently have on my TRS's.

Any help or some direction would be greatly appreciated. This happen to be yet another expense and set back I was not planning for. According to my earlier thread in QA they can still be purchased new however trying to avoid buying new as this project has become pretty expensive. I think I could have bought a couple of used running boats for what I have into this. LOL.. For real I really appreciate any help with my finds. Also have parts I can trade if interested or I have something you need.

Thanks,
John
Old 06-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I recently or am in the process of doing a conversion from the old MercTrans to bw c72's and am in need of to shafts. I'm pretty sure the splines are different but not sure about the length of what I currently have on my TRS's.

Any help or some direction would be greatly appreciated. This happen to be yet another expense and set back I was not planning for. According to my earlier thread in QA they can still be purchased new however trying to avoid buying new as this project has become pretty expensive. I think I could have bought a couple of used running boats for what I have into this. LOL.. For real I really appreciate any help with my finds. Also have parts I can trade if interested or I have something you need.

Thanks,
John
pm sent
Old 06-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Fyi

the shafts are different from the old trs trans to the BW trans. the old merc has a short female splines with a spring on the end and the BW shaft is twice as long with male splines. and you will need to move the engine forward . Bob