Like Tree0Likes

WTB or WTT Low Profile Frame Windshield 27 Fountain

Reply
Old 06-10-2017, 07:52 AM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KY
My Boats: 1999 32' Fountain
Posts: 349
Default WTB or WTT Low Profile Frame Windshield 27 Fountain

I have a 2000 27 Fountain with the tall frame windshield. I'm looking for the low profile frame windshield that came on the newer 27s. Best I can tell, the 27s stayed the same so it will fit. Any one have one for sale or would like to trade for mine and cash?

Last edited by jtbooten; 06-10-2017 at 07:56 AM.
jtbooten is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:40 AM
  #2
Terry M (easyrider1340)
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
ALL_IN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, KY
My Boats: '09 42 Fountain Lightning 700's
Posts: 1,470
Default

Did you call Darin Bean about cutting yours down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbooten View Post
I have a 2000 27 Fountain with the tall frame windshield. I'm looking for the low profile frame windshield that came on the newer 27s. Best I can tell, the 27s stayed the same so it will fit. Any one have one for sale or would like to trade for mine and cash?
ALL_IN! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:00 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KY
My Boats: 1999 32' Fountain
Posts: 349
Default

I did a couple years ago. He said he can't cut don't tempered glass. That's what my windshield is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL_IN! View Post
Did you call Darin Bean about cutting yours down?
jtbooten is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:28 AM
  #4
Terry M (easyrider1340)
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
ALL_IN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, KY
My Boats: '09 42 Fountain Lightning 700's
Posts: 1,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbooten View Post
I did a couple years ago. He said he can't cut don't tempered glass. That's what my windshield is.
Ah, yeah - we've talked about that situation before, I think. You can't cut tempered glass.
ALL_IN! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:57 PM
  #5
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KY
My Boats: 1999 32' Fountain
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL_IN! View Post
Ah, yeah - we've talked about that situation before, I think. You can't cut tempered glass.
Any other options? From what I gathered from others, Fountain doesn't get in any hurry and their prices are steep.
jtbooten is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:45 PM
  #6
Terry M (easyrider1340)
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
ALL_IN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, KY
My Boats: '09 42 Fountain Lightning 700's
Posts: 1,470
Default

Probably what you don't want to hear - but if you want a Fountain with a short windshield, then my suggestion is to buy one that has it already. The $7000 or so that you will spend on a new one from Fountain will likely result in zero $ when you do decide to sell. It just doesn't make sense (to me). We went from a 27 to a 35 - it is a much different and better ride, all around.

You boat at Cumberland right?? If so, you need a 35. LOL Good luck, buddy.

Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbooten View Post
Any other options? From what I gathered from others, Fountain doesn't get in any hurry and their prices are steep.
ALL_IN! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:44 PM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KY
My Boats: 1999 32' Fountain
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL_IN! View Post
Probably what you don't want to hear - but if you want a Fountain with a short windshield, then my suggestion is to buy one that has it already. The $7000 or so that you will spend on a new one from Fountain will likely result in zero $ when you do decide to sell. It just doesn't make sense (to me). We went from a 27 to a 35 - it is a much different and better ride, all around.

You boat at Cumberland right?? If so, you need a 35. LOL Good luck, buddy.

Terry
I figured that's what I was going to run into...
I agree, I would love to have a 35. My driveway and garage isn't ready for one though lol.
If I find the right deal on a newer 29, I'll snatch one up and put my power in it. If you know of any with the low profile windshield and a steel trailer let me know!
I go to Cumberland typically 3 times a year. Raft up, poker run, and a random weekend.
jtbooten is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:22 PM
  #8
Registered
Thread Starter
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: KY
My Boats: 1999 32' Fountain
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALL_IN! View Post
Did you call Darin Bean about cutting yours down?
Can you PM me his number? I have a friend with an Eliminator that wants to see if he can cut down his bubble windshields.
jtbooten is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:59 PM
  #9
Terry M (easyrider1340)
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
ALL_IN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, KY
My Boats: '09 42 Fountain Lightning 700's
Posts: 1,470
Default

https://www.yellowpages.com/maceo-ky...epts-465335426

(he doesn't get on facebook, much but you can try a PM)



Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbooten View Post
Can you PM me his number? I have a friend with an Eliminator that wants to see if he can cut down his bubble windshields.

Last edited by ALL_IN!; 07-05-2017 at 01:01 PM.
ALL_IN! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:03 PM
  #10
Terry M (easyrider1340)
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
ALL_IN!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Henderson, KY
My Boats: '09 42 Fountain Lightning 700's
Posts: 1,470
Default

Link won't paste for some reason...

ALL_IN! is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.