Wanted part time help

Notices

Wanted part time help

Old 09-12-2019, 11:49 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Wanted part time help

Looking -- hopefully finding a trainable young non smoker person who wants to learn the trade to become a well rounded marine tech that can turn into a full time position. Pay will depend on your skill level, energy and communication...

Please no spoon feeding or diaper changing kind of a person, also do not want a cry baby or one who has every excuse under the sun why they are late for work or can not show up for work. Also no drunks or drugs PERIOD, also no constant phone text goers.. . Been down all those roads with employees in the past and will not put up with it period. .- so if any of this is you as I mentioned right here, please stay home with mom and do not even respond. . Enough said on that note.

. One is you will learn 31 years of experience to pass down - extremely picking and my statements are always, try to do better than the boat OEMs . In some cases that is not hard to do, Marine stereo installs a plus if you are well rounded in that field. Wakeboard tower installs, every system on a gas power boat from basically 42 ft and down seems to be the common norm. Some travel required for boating events around the USA. . I have a customer base all over that I attend to their boats especially before some of the poker runs.

You will learn OEM training --- Mercruiser , Merc racing basically the 700 sci and down, Volvo Penta , direct injection aka GDI, , marine catalyst systems, PCM, Crusader, Marine Power and Indmar engines including the Ford Raptor., ILmor V 10 and their GM engines installed in wake boats and also matched with the outdrive they currently install for a few Rec / sportboats and cabin boats,

I am currently trained on all phases of the gas side marine OEMs for I/O s and inboards and wakeboats that will be passed down. . Anyways if one is looking for something to do in life this might be a good choice to give it a try and see if its a career for you. . I am super busy with all aspects of boats. I really need some help but really good help is needed.. Thanks. .

Last edited by BUP; 09-13-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:13 AM
BUP
Banned

Prob very wise on my part to point out the location. About 80 % of the work is located in Ft Worth & Dallas and Arlington Texas. The rest -- 20 % of work is every where else.

Last edited by BUP; 09-13-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck - I looked for two years for an HVAC tech. couldn't find one worth a dam.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:51 PM
BUP
Banned

I hear you and I have been trying to hire whomever for about 15 years. I have had employees in the past - 4.5 years ago, Always something, its like babysitting 5 year olds.

I realize I have better odds if I went to Vegas and won millions compared to hiring a really well rounded employee.
Old 09-25-2019, 11:21 PM
BUP
Banned

Actually it was 4 years ago for my last employee but in the past I have always had employees.. I do have one part timer who handles some tower installs with me but that's like 1 or 2 times per month. He was a past full time employee for me when boat sales were good to decent.. - he was a rigger on new and used boats at my main dealership.

Anyways I basically do all this by myself and I am not getting any younger. As of 2019 I have completed 274 service / repair boats BY MYSELF. And that's not counting the other services I provide in which has become very busy as well...

SO my reason basically for the post here is, I actually have a chance to start up a full blown boat dealership in area that has a fairly good size lake but its 2 .5 hours from where I live. That lake area really has zero to offer for I/O s and wakeboats in parts & service. And I mean ZERO. I already and have customers on the lake but I have to travel 2.5 hours to service their boats, this takes a lot of time doing so. . . Also many own more than one boat on the lake.. . It has prob a couple thousand lake house owners with boat lifts around the lake.. For many people its a second get away home aka weekend lake house. . , .

If I could hire someone possible 2 people - most likely could due very well and for those employee(s) could do very well if they have the mind set and their head screwed on STRAIGHT. So I am looking for some trainable people ----. one min and most likely 2 to start out and willing to see about a new or a current trade for them. Anyways someone's brother - or uncle or buddy surely is looking for a job that has some skills already to turn wrenches, heck even a women if that's what they want to learn as a trade ?

Last edited by BUP; 09-25-2019 at 11:32 PM.